FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How To: Add a Garage Door Opener to the Dummy Switch

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Don’t forget to swear regularly, even if things are going well. Also be sure to have a friend nearby to blame when things don’t go well.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I think there's a lot of sense if you want the car to look stock but have hidden features. For me, it would be worth $50 to keep the look of the car original instead of a cheaper button protruding from a dummy switch.
    I have a couple of old window switches I have kept back for just such a cause. The print wore off and I upgraded to the LED version. Definately agree though, any other switch would look so out of place.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-17-2018 at 06:13 PM.

My VIN:    10353

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I think there's a lot of sense if you want the car to look stock but have hidden features. For me, it would be worth $50 to keep the look of the car original instead of a cheaper button protruding from a dummy switch.
    I'm all for keeping the car looking stock but figured this 9mm diameter button won't be that noticeable. Besides, it's more like $65 since I'd get charged 15 bucks to have it shipped to me in a shoebox sized package filled with packing peanuts.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Besides, it's more like $65 since I'd get charged 15 bucks to have it shipped to me in a shoebox sized package filled with packing peanuts.
    2kcudi.jpg

My VIN:    10353

Got the $9 push button in the mail and drilled out a hole in the dummy switch. Wired it up to my opener and shoved it underneath by the ashtray. Pretty cool mod, thanks for posting the original plans!

I even threw on some safety goggles while soldering

20181019_100905.jpg

Got the $9 push button in the mail and drilled out a hole in the dummy switch. Wired it up to my opener and shoved it underneath by the ashtray. Pretty cool mod, thanks for posting the original plans!

20181019_100905.jpg
    Nice!

My VIN:    3349

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

20181019_100905.jpg
    The safety goggles are key...they fog up in order to allow you to swear the whole time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2