I took my car to have ceramic tint applied to the windshield today in hopes of reducing some of the heat that is cancelling out my AC. They called me shortly after I left and asked if I’d had the glass replaced recently bc it appeared the glue hadn’t dried. To my knowledge the windshield is original, but even if not it hasn’t been changed during my ownership. They showed me what they were referring to, which was basically overrun of the adhesive that would make it difficult to get a clean edge for the tint (pics below). I’ve noticed this before, but assumed it was just a side effect of being a hand-built car. Now I have my doubts. Is anyone else’s original windshield like this or is it more likely a PO did a sloppy job replacing the windshield at some point? I think my options from least to most expensive are 1) try to trim or press back the excess glue with a scraper tool, 2) have a local glas company attempt to remove and reinstall the glass properly before tinting or 3) buy a new pre-treated windshield from DMC. At $1,000 the last option isn’t really an option, at least not while my current windshield is in one piece.

E47CC6E6-3DAD-4260-BCFB-B69A5F342E9A.jpgBE61530E-92A8-4600-A3DA-28AD53436D60.jpgD20F51B5-C3A0-417A-B39C-CF5976FFD9FE.jpg