FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: town wants almost $1000, i have almost no money, my mom said I should go to town

My VIN:    under 1500

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    There are several bolts back there but the ones you're probably thinking of are the trailing arm bolts (TABs). http://support.delorean.com/kb/a72/t...arm-bolts.aspx It doesn't look like you should need to take the body off unless the head has actually sheared off? You may have just lost your shims, that can cause symptoms like what you're describing.

If you haven't already, read through that knowledge base and through the FAQ section on here. You'll need to familiarize yourself with the car's systems if you're determined to keep it and can't afford to pay somebody else to work on it.

If you tell us where you live, we can tell you if there's an owner's group near you. Many knowledgeable owners are happy to help people with their cars for pizza and beer and no offense, but it sounds like you're going to need all the help you can get!

(P. S. If your fire extinguisher is a Kidde, google "kidde recall" and you'll find instructions on how to exchange it for a new one for free.)
    Okay i just checked now and my fire extinguisher is not a Kidde, but when i had it in my hand it seemed very small and i dont know what size fire extinguisher i should have, i took a picture of it below, it seems small, tell me if i need a bigger one, this one is only about the size of a glass of water

IMG_20180714_140208.jpg

My VIN:    under 1500

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Even though the transmission is wet with blackened oil it may not actually be transmission fluid, but rather carbon filled dirty engine oil leaking from a high location on the engine and migrating down over the transmission.

Oil leaks are mostly nuisance issues.

The transmission fluid level is checked and filled via the square headed plug visible in your photo half way up on the passenger side of the transmission. Remove the plug, if oil runs out it’s full . If not, just add 80w-90 gear oil. The recommended oil brand is Red Line (80w-90 NS) gear oil has a strong pungent oder to it.

Green fluid is coolant leaking from loose hose connections. The quick fix is trace the fluid back to the leaking connection and tighten the clamp. 40-50 inch pounds. The correct way to do it, is to pressurize the system to 15 psi using a coolant system pressure tester. Then go around tightening all the hose clamps where fluid is dripping.

Clear or slightly yellow fluid is clutch or brake fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thank you dmc5180, what you mention is the problem i have, there is so much fluid coming out everywhere in the back of the car that i cannot tell where the fluid is coming from because it is just everywhere, all over the engine and transmission and frame and the floor and the tire, that is why i have to take the engine out maybe later in the year and replace seals on the engine and try to clean up the frame because i dont want the back of the frame to be as bad as the front of the frame where there is rust and holes and pieces missing

i dont have a square tool to check the transmission fluid but i can get one at walmart in the next few weeks

i just got a new Scotch laminator and this way i can laminate my Report when it is ready because the Report might be used outdoors and it could be raining that day of the inspection, that is why the Report cannot just be paper but must include photographs also and it needs to be laminated, i also put in blue taillight boards this way my lights all work in the back and i got a big piece of flat aluminum that is the width of the front hood and can be in the hood that i am going to put my small cars on, i just got a blue van that was chasing around the mall parking lot in the movie and a blue pickup truck that was in the Burger King parking lot early in the movie just when the blue pickup truck was going from Burger King out onto the street and i have lots of little deloreans because i have a small vintage car dealership that can fit on that piece of aluminum that i took a picture of below, in october or november i want to get a toolbox on wheels that i can move around and keep tools in, i have to get that first before taking the car apart because right now when i work on the car i have to work on the ground and keep the tools all over the ground and that wont work because then i cant get the lawnmower out of the garage without having to move everything on the ground, and i should have a response from the town by october if they will refund tax money if they value the car at less money

IMG_20180714_135318.jpg
    Last edited by May81DeLorean; 07-14-2018 at 02:33 PM.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

town wants almost $1000, i have almost no money, my mom said I should go to town

Quote Originally Posted by May81DeLorean View Post
    thank you dmc5180, what you mention is the problem i have, there is so much fluid coming out everywhere in the back of the car that i cannot tell where the fluid is coming from because it is just everywhere, all over the engine and transmission and frame and the floor and the tire, that is why i have to take the engine out maybe later in the year and replace seals on the engine and try to clean up the frame because i dont want the back of the frame to be as bad as the front of the frame where there is rust and holes and pieces missing

i dont have a square tool to check the transmission fluid but i can get one at walmart in the next few weeks

i just got a new Scotch laminator and this way i can laminate my Report when it is ready because the Report might be used outdoors and it could be raining that day of the inspection, that is why the Report cannot just be paper but must include photographs also and it needs to be laminated, i also put in blue taillight boards this way my lights all work in the back and i got a big piece of flat aluminum that is the width of the front hood and can be in the hood that i am going to put my small cars on, i just got a blue van that was chasing around the mall parking lot in the movie and a blue pickup truck that was in the Burger King parking lot early in the movie just when the blue pickup truck was going from Burger King out onto the street and i have lots of little deloreans because i have a small vintage car dealership that can fit on that piece of aluminum that i took a picture of below, in october or november i want to get a toolbox on wheels that i can move around and keep tools in, i have to get that first before taking the car apart because right now when i work on the car i have to work on the ground and keep the tools all over the ground and that wont work because then i cant get the lawnmower out of the garage without having to move everything on the ground, and i should have a response from the town by october if they will refund tax money if they value the car at less money

IMG_20180714_135318.jpg
    You don’t need a special square drive tool from Walmart, Just an adjustable Crescent wrench Or vise-grip.

Btw, try posting using complete coherent sentences. Not run on sentences with no endings that change direction constantly and are not pertinent to the issues of the car.
    Your wording makes you sound schizophrenic or you’re suffering from ADHD.

There are many folks on here that share there vast collective knowledge in an effort to help anyone without discrimination.

Please answer some questions before proceeding further.

1.How did you acquire (fund the purchase) of your Delorean? Savings, loan or inheritance money?

2. Where did you purchase the car from? Private locally or Ebay?

3. What state are you in or nearest large city?

4.Is this “Town” you speak of a rural Township?

5. How old are you?

6. Hi, I’m Dennis what’s your name?

We have helped many teen and twenty something owners here, don’t be afraid to tell us your age. We don’t care per se, but it does give us perspective in seeing things from your newbie Delorean owner view point.

Last edited by DMC5180; 07-14-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10907

Is the car a stick or an automatic? It looked like it had some red fluid in the pix he posted in the other thread. OP, if it's an automatic, here's how you check the fluid, from the owner's manual (and it will use a different kind of fluid than a manual transmission).

maint.jpg

#3 in the illustration is where the trans fluid dipstick should be. (If your car's a total basket case, it may be missing.)

As others have said, you need to degrease the engine to see where the fluid leaks are coming from. You don't need to take the car apart (wtf?) to do it. You can buy stuff called Gunk at an auto parts store or WalMart that will do the job as long as you have a garden hose to rinse it off. Make sure you follow the instructions and use an absorbent mat to catch the runoff.

(My suggestion is still that if the car is causing you this much financial and emotional hardship, call Beverly Hills Car Club and see how much they'd give you for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by May81DeLorean View Post
    Okay i just checked now and my fire extinguisher is not a Kidde, but when i had it in my hand it seemed very small and i dont know what size fire extinguisher i should have, i took a picture of it below, it seems small, tell me if i need a bigger one, this one is only about the size of a glass of water

IMG_20180714_140208.jpg
    Yes, definitely get a bigger one. Maybe even two.
    Last edited by DaraSue; 07-14-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I don't know what's funnier. The ongoing bot story and responses or the fact that the members who think they are talking to a real human.

My VIN:    03500

+1 on the ADHD. I'm glad not to be the only one here. And I have somewhat of thinking disability.

If this is a bot then we all need a break.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 07-14-2018 at 03:28 PM.

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't know what's funnier. The ongoing bot story and responses or the fact that the members who think they are talking to a real human.
    But why would a bot post these borderline-coherent walls-o-text and not try to sell anything? If it's fake, it's utterly pointless.

(His writing style is eerily similar to that of the kid who wanted to use the tractor to push the car out of his neighbor's barn last year though. But that guy was a new account, and this one is almost two years old.)

Worst case scenario, we waste some time. Best case scenario, we shake some sense into someone who appears to desperately need it.
    Last edited by DaraSue; 07-14-2018 at 03:31 PM.

But why would a bot post these borderline-coherent walls-o-text and not try to sell anything? If it's fake, it's utterly pointless.

(His writing style is eerily similar to that of the kid who wanted to use the tractor to push the car out of his neighbor's barn last year though. But that guy was a new account, and this one is almost two years old.)

Worst case scenario, we waste some time. Best case scenario, we shake some sense into someone who appears to need it.
    Wow, that brings back memories. I had forgotten about that one.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Worst case scenario, we waste some time. Best case scenario, we shake some sense into someone who appears to desperately need it.
    A fire extinguisher the size of a glass of water? Really? Not all bot programs link, tbough most all of the previous posts do have a link. This is a bot pure and simple.
    Simple test
    Name the town or STFU
    Last edited by Michael; 07-14-2018 at 03:34 PM.

STFU?

DENNIS

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast