Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: town wants almost $1000, i have almost no money, my mom said I should go to town

  1. #91
    Stupid Newbie DaraSue's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2016

    Location:  The LC

    Posts:    801

    My VIN:    10907

    Quote Originally Posted by valdez View Post
    A yearly town tax for owning a car? I have never heard of such a thing. Sales tax at time of purchase, and yearly registration yes, but a town tax? Time to move or get a bicycle. I was thinking this was going to be the worst looking Delorean from the description, but the car looks like it is in decent shape even thou it is super buggy. Want to trade for something newer and ready to drive? Will need to know the "town" of course to come and see.....
    Some areas actually do include cars/boats/RVs as "property" for tax purposes, but you might want to back-read the entire thread before you make any offers...

  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    115

    Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Some areas actually do include cars/boats/RVs as "property" for tax purposes, but you might want to back-read the entire thread before you make any offers...
    I'm glad I don't live in one of those areas. Sounds like a b.s. tax to me real or not.
    I read it all, sadly. My brain hurts a bit. I promised nothing but am curious to see the reply.

  3. #93
    EFI'd dn010's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Florida: Pinellas County

    Posts:    1,481

    My VIN:    5003

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by valdez View Post
    I'm glad I don't live in one of those areas. Sounds like a b.s. tax to me real or not.
    I read it all, sadly. My brain hurts a bit. I promised nothing but am curious to see the reply.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. The first indication should have been how ridiculous the first post is. Glue traps? Ruffles potato chips? Mirrors stripping layers of glass off? Please. Everything pictured is brand new. Calipers, radiator/condensor, fans, ac hoses, MC, Rack/Pinion, stainless brake lines, clutch, BFG tires, the list goes on. A photo of the window down even though they don't work?

    Waste of time.
    -----Dan B.

  4. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,108

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Town.
    VIN 4728 is on standby to have its new exhaust installed, and has lost priority to a kitchen/living room renovation & 60-80 hour work weeks.

  5. #95
    Nothing witty here lest it offend
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    903

    Report.

  6. #96
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    6,612

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    There are some towns in the south that tax personal property. That includes cars and furniture. I remember a relative telling me stories about how they would put all of the "good stuff" into the barn when the tax assessor came. That was long ago before everyone got stuck with paying sales tax when they bought the stuff in the first place. On the + side most of these places have little to no State income tax and low property tax on the house. If you add it all up it really isn't that bad even if doesn't seem fair. The Town defaults to assessing the "average" value of your car, it is up to you to prove they are over-assessing it. You going to be upset once you fix it up and they reassess it!
    David Teitelbaum

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Sep 2014

    Location:  West Sayville, N.Y.

    Posts:    1,346

    My VIN:    005058 000927

    Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There are some towns in the south that tax personal property. That includes cars and furniture. I remember a relative telling me stories about how they would put all of the "good stuff" into the barn when the tax assessor came. That was long ago before everyone got stuck with paying sales tax when they bought the stuff in the first place. On the + side most of these places have little to no State income tax and low property tax on the house. If you add it all up it really isn't that bad even if doesn't seem fair. The Town defaults to assessing the "average" value of your car, it is up to you to prove they are over-assessing it. You going to be upset once you fix it up and they reassess it!
    Why doesn't this owner start by showing "the town" a bill of sale if he can produce one? Obviously he paid nowhere near 32k for this car as he can't afford a $1000- tax payment and well....look at it! The moderators need to start looking at some of these threads closer and pull the plug much sooner when it is apparent that they are wasting everyone's time. I for one am tired of giving other threads (not this one) my best shot at a diagnosis only to be ignored when asking for any information or feedback. I'm about ready to pull the plug on any tech help on this forum but obviously few new owners I respond to seem to care anymore so it's a wash. It's "The state of the union" these days.

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2014

    Location:  Virginia Beach, Virginia

    Posts:    217

    My VIN:    5312

    Its a troll. If someone is genuine, posting photos and would desire feedback then they dont reply and post gibberish like this person then just dont reply. Us replying is just feeding them what they want. We had our laugh, it should be locked and hey lesson learned

  9. #99
    User title. Soundkillr's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    996

    My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Why doesn't this owner start by showing "the town" a bill of sale if he can produce one? Obviously he paid nowhere near 32k for this car as he can't afford a $1000- tax payment and well....look at it! The moderators need to start looking at some of these threads closer and pull the plug much sooner when it is apparent that they are wasting everyone's time. I for one am tired of giving other threads (not this one) my best shot at a diagnosis only to be ignored when asking for any information or feedback. I'm about ready to pull the plug on any tech help on this forum but obviously few new owners I respond to seem to care anymore so it's a wash. It's "The state of the union" these days.
    Agreed, this one has been circling the drain for a while. Im pulling the plug. Op, continue posting practices like this and you go to moderated status. To all others, please pm us and let us know if you feel things are getting out of hand.
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •