FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: town wants almost $1000, i have almost no money, my mom said I should go to town

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by valdez View Post
    A yearly town tax for owning a car? I have never heard of such a thing. Sales tax at time of purchase, and yearly registration yes, but a town tax? Time to move or get a bicycle. I was thinking this was going to be the worst looking Delorean from the description, but the car looks like it is in decent shape even thou it is super buggy. Want to trade for something newer and ready to drive? Will need to know the "town" of course to come and see.....
    Some areas actually do include cars/boats/RVs as "property" for tax purposes, but you might want to back-read the entire thread before you make any offers...

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Some areas actually do include cars/boats/RVs as "property" for tax purposes, but you might want to back-read the entire thread before you make any offers...
    I'm glad I don't live in one of those areas. Sounds like a b.s. tax to me real or not.
    I read it all, sadly. My brain hurts a bit. I promised nothing but am curious to see the reply.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by valdez View Post
    I'm glad I don't live in one of those areas. Sounds like a b.s. tax to me real or not.
    I read it all, sadly. My brain hurts a bit. I promised nothing but am curious to see the reply.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. The first indication should have been how ridiculous the first post is. Glue traps? Ruffles potato chips? Mirrors stripping layers of glass off? Please. Everything pictured is brand new. Calipers, radiator/condensor, fans, ac hoses, MC, Rack/Pinion, stainless brake lines, clutch, BFG tires, the list goes on. A photo of the window down even though they don't work?

Waste of time.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    4519

Town.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Report.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There are some towns in the south that tax personal property. That includes cars and furniture. I remember a relative telling me stories about how they would put all of the "good stuff" into the barn when the tax assessor came. That was long ago before everyone got stuck with paying sales tax when they bought the stuff in the first place. On the + side most of these places have little to no State income tax and low property tax on the house. If you add it all up it really isn't that bad even if doesn't seem fair. The Town defaults to assessing the "average" value of your car, it is up to you to prove they are over-assessing it. You going to be upset once you fix it up and they reassess it!
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There are some towns in the south that tax personal property. That includes cars and furniture. I remember a relative telling me stories about how they would put all of the "good stuff" into the barn when the tax assessor came. That was long ago before everyone got stuck with paying sales tax when they bought the stuff in the first place. On the + side most of these places have little to no State income tax and low property tax on the house. If you add it all up it really isn't that bad even if doesn't seem fair. The Town defaults to assessing the "average" value of your car, it is up to you to prove they are over-assessing it. You going to be upset once you fix it up and they reassess it!
    Why doesn't this owner start by showing "the town" a bill of sale if he can produce one? Obviously he paid nowhere near 32k for this car as he can't afford a $1000- tax payment and well....look at it! The moderators need to start looking at some of these threads closer and pull the plug much sooner when it is apparent that they are wasting everyone's time. I for one am tired of giving other threads (not this one) my best shot at a diagnosis only to be ignored when asking for any information or feedback. I'm about ready to pull the plug on any tech help on this forum but obviously few new owners I respond to seem to care anymore so it's a wash. It's "The state of the union" these days.

My VIN:    5312

Its a troll. If someone is genuine, posting photos and would desire feedback then they dont reply and post gibberish like this person then just dont reply. Us replying is just feeding them what they want. We had our laugh, it should be locked and hey lesson learned

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Why doesn't this owner start by showing "the town" a bill of sale if he can produce one? Obviously he paid nowhere near 32k for this car as he can't afford a $1000- tax payment and well....look at it! The moderators need to start looking at some of these threads closer and pull the plug much sooner when it is apparent that they are wasting everyone's time. I for one am tired of giving other threads (not this one) my best shot at a diagnosis only to be ignored when asking for any information or feedback. I'm about ready to pull the plug on any tech help on this forum but obviously few new owners I respond to seem to care anymore so it's a wash. It's "The state of the union" these days.
    Agreed, this one has been circling the drain for a while. Im pulling the plug. Op, continue posting practices like this and you go to moderated status. To all others, please pm us and let us know if you feel things are getting out of hand.
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10