FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: town wants almost $1000, i have almost no money, my mom said I should go to town

My VIN:    5312

INCOMING CAPSLOCK! WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE TOOOOWWWN YOU LIVE IN!?!??! Also, pro tip: if you cant afford the maintenance, sell the car. Where i live now if its a registered vehicle they tax you on the blue book value yearly. but if you register the car as a classic car they do not. See if there is another loophole you can use or if "ahem" a family member has another car you can use as your "daily" at dmv so you can register the car as a classic.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

This is a first; a thread where the OP is trying to make a list of problems to de-value their own car, rather than a list of all the things that make it more valuable.

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    No VIN. Nothing specifically answered when questioned. Looks like a game or bot.
    I went creeping through OP's posts looking for more info about them/their car, and they've been posting about these same issues since early 2017 so if it isn't for real, they're playing a really long game...

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?71...416#post211416

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Guys, I am having problems with my Lincoln Town Car.

My VIN:    3937

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    04629

+ 1 for you sir, made me LOL!!

My VIN:    10353

In keeping with Michael's idea...

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    In keeping with Michael's idea...

I wonder if that will be playing in a town near me?
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    under 1500

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post

I really hope I'm reading that wrong and you haven't just been letting your car leak antifreeze/oil/trans fluid for 2 years without replacing it. Leaks generally don't stop on their own and if the reason they stop is because you're out of those fluids, you've got a much bigger problem on your hands...
    I dont know how to check the transmission fluid or how to fill it. The oil comes out all over the place, oil even drips onto the rear passenger tire and there is oil all over the rear frame, that is why I have to take the top of the car off and then i can change the bolts at the same time and the engine has to be removed so the seals can be all replaced, a lift will be necessary for this and i need tools and all kinds of stuff, that is why i have to save as much money in the tax bill with the town

i went out today and got letter size sheet protectors for the Report, the Report must contain photographs and what I think the car is worth

the town automatically thinks that all cars in town are of Average Retail value and average quality

the NADA book:

Average Retail Value
    This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A “20-footer”
    Low Retail Value
    This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable ‘as-is’. This column does not represent a ‘parts car’ or a non-running vehicle.

If I can get my car to be a Low Retail value, then it will cut the tax bill in half, the value will go from $32000 down to $17000

I am going to work this weekend on the Report that the town wants, and then the Report must be used in a few months again as a checklist of all the things the car needs for repairs, that is why the Report has to be so accurate, I can use it this year as a list of all things that need repair, the frame needs a lot of welding and i need to buy a welder and figure out how to weld, the car has a bad smell in it and i cant tell if its from the mice or water getting in the door or if its gas fumes or mold under the carpet, the mouse nest was big, the mouse nest was about the size of a basketball, it needs a new radio, only 1 speaker works and the antenna stopped going up and down, and i bought 2 window motors but i made a mistake and bought 2 of the same side window motors, the car uses different motors for each door, so now I have 2 drivers side window motors, the doors dont lock, and because the Heat is on at all times - the car cannot be driven from May through September because it is too hot inside the car, the fans dont work in the car, and i cant drive at night because i cant have the outside lights on because if outdoor lights go on then the radio gets very hot, the cassette player does not work, the car also makes the battery die so i have to switch the battery off when i get out of the car, there is green fluid dripping from pipes under the seats, i dont know if the air conditioning works because the Heat is always on, and the outside mirrors dont work, i cant adjust the mirrors and they are cloudy and i cant use them when driving, and the fuse box plastic has melted and a lot of the electrical stuff doesnt work anymore, i have to take pictures of all of this stuff and put in in the Report due in August

I will give you the Report in a few weeks and then you can tell me later this year what parts are needed to fix the car, the first thing i need is a new engine so i can put the new engine in as soon as the old engine comes out

5485133755580416.jpg

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast