FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Auto trans not shifting at all

My VIN:    3394

Ok, I got the wheels turning. I decidedto drop the filter again and then the valve body. I then used a carb cleaner to flush it out. The soaked it in trans fluid for awhile. Made sure i treid to clean any sticky old fluid i could get to. Buttoned back up at started it. I just tested it on my lift. I have the master cylinder out of it waiting on a replacement.

When i get the MC back and installed ill road test it. But i think it was mostly just old sticky fluid. Ill know in a few days.

Thanks for the help. I hope when brakes are done, it will still wotk.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If it actually moves then you should perform all of the On-Car external adjustments and change the fluid again in about 500 miles. No way to flush it all out, too much stays in the transmission, cooler, and torque converter. Inspect the wiring to the shift computer and drive it carefully till you know it works OK. Either disassemble, clean and reassemble the trans filter or replace it. Check the level in the final drive too and change the oil in it when you flush the transmission at 500 miles.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Not really. I don't have your answer at the moment and David is responding to my response with the same info. Chaulk it up to a a duplicitous world my friend...haha!

My VIN:    3394

Yes, I think most of the problem was the fluid. As soon as i can get the brakes working I'll test drive. Then change the fluid again. It only took 1 gallon to fill and it holds almost 2. So Im thinking the fluid was to thick for the pumps. Is this normal to get about 1 gallon out in a fluid change?

Another question. In park will the enternal gears and pumps turn enough to get the trans up in temp so i can flush the fluids again and get more of the old out?

Ill keep working on it.
    Thanks,

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by YJK View Post
    Yes, I think most of the problem was the fluid. As soon as i can get the brakes working I'll test drive. Then change the fluid again. It only took 1 gallon to fill and it holds almost 2. So Im thinking the fluid was to thick for the pumps. Is this normal to get about 1 gallon out in a fluid change?

Another question. In park will the enternal gears and pumps turn enough to get the trans up in temp so i can flush the fluids again and get more of the old out?

Ill keep working on it.
    Thanks,
    Yes and No.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by YJK View Post

Ill keep working on it.
    Thanks,
    ATF does not thicken over time and it's normal to only get 4 qts on a full drain as a couple stay trapped in the torque converter. I'm crossing my fingers for you on this one!
    Btw you never bothered to answer my questions about your fluid level and whether there were unusual noises so I have to assume all is fine there?
    Rob
    Last edited by PJ Grady Inc.; 07-17-2018 at 07:51 PM.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    ATF does not thicken over time and it's normal to only get 4 qts on a full drain as a couple stay trapped in the torque converter. I'm crossing my fingers for you on this one!
    Btw you never bothered to answer my questions about your fluid level and whether there were unusual noises so I have to assume all is fine there?
    Rob
    Just another deadbeat thread. Why do the moderators allow these people to waste our time? I'm blacklisting this guy ala Ed Bernstein because he knew how to cut his losses pronto. I'm tired of wasting time on people that don't care! Done here!
    Everyone have a nice day except for aformentioned clueless person!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3