Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
Also, the settings on page 65 are for a VR sensor connected directly to the MS, those settings are not appropriate for an EDIS setup. You need to use the settings that are on page 111, starting just above the bottom of the page where it says typical settings. This got me too, when I was setting up my ECU with EDIS, but I was corrected by James on it.
You posted before I could edit. You are right correct. For some reason James told me that adjusting the pots in that fashion was incorrect for EDIS. Maybe I too need to clarify if something has changed!
I had a whole reply your first post before I saw your follow-up.

Here's what I have now:

Hardware
- JP1 at 2-3
- J1 at 3-4
- Turned R52 7 turns counter-clockwise (And in another explain of "I can't read", the docs say that the pots can't be damaged (not that they can be damaged) by rotating too far, so I didn't break anything by over-turning R52.)
- Turned and R56 7 turns counter-clockwise, then two turns clockwise
- MS board does not have Q16 installed
- Aa wire is running from Q16's middle pad to JS10

Software
- Ignition Capture set to Rising Edge
- Spark Output is Going High
- Spark A Output Pin is disabled in TunerStudio, so I'm guessing it implicitly sets it to JS10

I notice that using Rising Edge with this JS1/J1 configuration conflicts with what Drive Stainless posted, so that's odd. I'm curious to see what I get for RPMs when I put it back in the car. The markings on the bottom of the board say that JP1 1-2 is "VrIn" and J1 3-4 is "VrOut" (as opposed to OptoIn and OptoOut my previous configuration), but since we're using EDIS to process the VR signal I'm not sure how that applies here, beyond "that's what the docs say to do".

I could try to redo the Timing Test in 6.7.5, but my understanding is that EDIS timing is unreliable below 400 RPM, and that it slowly increases from 0 to 10 degrees as it nears 400 RPM. Which means I need the engine running before I can try that again.

Thanks!

-- Joe