Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
Oh man, trying to make the mishmash of hose sizes work was frustrating. If the 3.0 has a 3/4 that further complicates it. Nice that you could find a reducing hose!
If not for googling about hose clamps and leaks the day before, I wouldn't have realized that such a small difference in hose vs connector size would make it unsealable.

I don't remember if the 2.8L was 3/4" or 5/8", and I can't remember if I replaced the heater hoses at the engine. I did replace a number of hoses, though, so I may have put a 3/4" on there after finding that a 5/8" wouldn't fit. The one on the passenger side seems to mate to the existing DMC pipes without leaking, so at least there's that.

I still had the aluminum T on my car and wanted to replace it before it broke. The combo of sizes to bleeder don't exist in anything reasonably priced. I found a manual heater shut off valve at Autozone, removed the valve portion, and soldered a barbed fitting to the top.
Mine has a plastic "T", but I have no idea where it came from. I had to replace the hot water valve after the vacuum nipple snapped off, but I can't remember if I replaced the "T" as well or just reused what was already there. If I replaced it, it was probably plastic as well, as I would have gotten a new one of the same material as the original.

-- Joe