Quote Originally Posted by Maritime-elf View Post
Thank you for your advice. What I am gathering by your responses is the way to do this is put the the kill switch wire with the inline fuse into the load side of #17 (which is where the brown wire connects from the bottom)...
No...the Purple wire handles the load side of the fuse, the Brown wire feed (always powered).

*Pull fuse #17 and tap the fused kill switch wire to fuse #17's Purple wire.
(Rather than splice it into the purple wire, I would put a male terminal on the end of the kill switch wire and plug it into the fuse box, since it you want temporary...)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritime-elf View Post
...the long term solution is probably replace the fuse box. I don't have to many melted terminals only number 10. At which time if everything is happy with the kill switch I will directly wire it into the fuse box #17 in place of the brown wire.
Yes...then you can eliminate the added inline fuse and replace the original fuse.

*Release Fuse #17's Brown wire terminal and tape it off. Then replace the fuse and male terminal/splice you added to the kill switch wire with a tabbed female wire terminal and put it where fuse #17's brown wire was originally. Re-install the original fuse.
Which is what I would do to begin with, personally.