Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
Nailed it

, where's my dollar?

OP, if you truly think this is legit, you should give the $25k to your father to hold for 5 years.

clue - 10353 is owned by a member on here
Lol, my first thought was, "hmmm... I wonder who actually owns 10353."

Regardless, now is the part where you play with the scammer. Really play up your interest, but labor over the details. Start with something like, "What a coincidence! I'm visiting my brother in Seattle, WA this weekend. This is a perfect opportunity to see the car in person. If I buy it, I'll even drive it home from there, saving you the shipping cost. It's a win-win situation for both of us!" When he explains that he can't do that because he's already made a shipping arrangement, tell them that your brothers friend works for a different shipping company that is an affiliate of Landfall, so he can get you access. All you need is for him to send you parcel code for the vehicle. When he says he can't send you that for some BS reason, let him know that your brother's friend already found it by looking up the guys email address that he's been using to communicate with you. It's important that throughout this process, you reiterate that you've been able to secure the funds, and are ready to make the payment transfer as this will keep him on the hook. Then tell him you went and looked at it, you were concerned with some damage on one side, and offer to send him a picture. Take one of the photos of the car from his website, and photoshop yourself into it flipping him the bird.