FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should I?

My VIN:    10353

Be sure you save a few dollars off the purchase price for that extra "town tax".

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by fmprocks26 View Post
    I got to that site via ...., which has a high trust rating. I am not 100% sure ...is legit. I'll see if I can contact any of the sellers for additional pictures which should prove or disprove the site's legitimacy. I'll update this thread if the attempts are succesful. I DID however find other 14k DeLoreans on oodle, but I'm not sure if they're legit.
    I am 100% sure that the cars on ....aren’t legit.

And if you get a response I’ll put a dollar on the “car is at the docks and can’t be shown” but “money back if not satisfied” or some variation of that.

Look at eBay and look at the completed sales in the For Sale section on here to get an idea they are going for.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There are too many reasons for a new driver to buy a Delorean as a first car to list them all. Among my top ones is the terrible lack of clear vision especially to the rear and because the car is so low, many of the taller vehicles won't see it in their side view mirrors. Without some experience so you know where all of the blind spots are and what to expect from other drivers, the chances are very high you will get into an accident. The Delorean does not have aibags or ABS. Forget about actual fixing up of the car, a newbie driver needs as safe a car as they can afford. A 2 seater with limited cargo space is not a practical car as a daily driver. When (not if) the car breaks down, even if you can fix it, you will have to order parts and wait for them so what are you going to drive till you can fix it? You asked for opinions, this is mine.
    David Teitelbaum

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There are too many reasons for a new driver to buy a Delorean as a first car to list them all.
    So, You're FOR a new driver getting a DeLorean?
    The rest of your comment seems to be Against getting one.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

This is the E-mail I received after requesting more pictures:

"Hi,

Because of the fact that I am quite busy with my job and unable to travel back to the States, I have decided to hire a company to ship the vehicle and take care of the sale for me. The shipping & payment part of the transaction will be handled by Landfall Shipping Company Ltd. The vehicle is now located in their transit warehouse from Seattle, WA, because I had a buyer from there but he canceled the deal due to a decease in family. They have in their custody both the vehicle and the title signed for release, which had been verified by their inspectors and they already gave the go ahead to begin the transaction. I am not sure about the radiator fans.

Regarding the payment, there is a 3 days inspection period available for you once you will receive the vehicle in which you have the possibility to do an inspection to any authorized service of your choice before the company will release any money to me. If you will decide not to keep it for any reason the vehicle will be sent back to me (free of charge for you) and you will get a full refund no questions asked. So basically I only receive the money if you are happy about what you are buying.

Please read their HOW IT WORKS webpage ( ....) and decide if you are agree or not.

To be able to start this transaction you need to register on the shipping company's website. Once you are done, I will approve the deal from my account and Landfall Shipping will contact you in order to go ahead with the purchase.

For my online album with more detailed images please visit:

P.S. You should know that the vehicle will be shipped anywhere within the States on my expense !!

Looking forward for successfully completing this transaction."

Apparently, the guy works for shell and has a 2-year contract starting in 2019, and he needs to sell the car. Now I have to look like a D*ck and back out of the sale, which seems pretty legit at this point.

So, to answer your questions, the site (or at least this deal) is legit

P.S. He was using a Shell corporate E-mail address, which further proves the legitimacy.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Sounds completely legit. Nothing to lose, go for it!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    And if you get a response I’ll put a dollar on the “car is at the docks and can’t be shown” but “money back if not satisfied” or some variation of that.

Quote Originally Posted by fmprocks26 View Post
    This is the E-mail I received after requesting more pictures:

"Hi,

Because of the fact that I am quite busy with my job and unable to travel back to the States, I have decided to hire a company to ship the vehicle and take care of the sale for me. The shipping & payment part of the transaction will be handled by Landfall Shipping Company Ltd. The vehicle is now located in their transit warehouse from Seattle, WA, because I had a buyer from there but he canceled the deal due to a decease in family. They have in their custody both the vehicle and the title signed for release, which had been verified by their inspectors and they already gave the go ahead to begin the transaction. I am not sure about the radiator fans.

Regarding the payment, there is a 3 days inspection period available for you once you will receive the vehicle in which you have the possibility to do an inspection to any authorized service of your choice before the company will release any money to me. If you will decide not to keep it for any reason the vehicle will be sent back to me (free of charge for you) and you will get a full refund no questions asked. So basically I only receive the money if you are happy about what you are buying.

Please read their HOW IT WORKS webpage ( ) and decide if you are agree or not.

To be able to start this transaction you need to register on the shipping company's website. Once you are done, I will approve the deal from my account and Landfall Shipping will contact you in order to go ahead with the purchase.

For my online album with more detailed images please

P.S. You should know that the vehicle will be shipped anywhere within the States on my expense !!

Looking forward for successfully completing this transaction."

Apparently, the guy works for shell and has a 2-year contract starting in 2019, and he needs to sell the car. Now I have to look like a D*ck and back out of the sale, which seems pretty legit at this point.

So, to answer your questions, the site (or at least this deal) is legit

P.S. He was using a Shell corporate E-mail address, which further proves the legitimacy.

Nailed it

, where's my dollar?

OP, if you truly think this is legit, you should give the $25k to your father to hold for 5 years.

clue - 10353 is owned by a member on here
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That is an extremely common scam. Absolutely a rip off.

My VIN:    05457

The domain for the shipping company used, landfall-company, was just registered in April. They've been around for a solid 3 months. With a track record like that I can't imagine anything could go wrong.
    David Proehl

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Nailed it

, where's my dollar?
    Make that 43688.99 Rial.

1669 Sold -- Restoring the Goat (66 GTO -- "The Other DeLorean")

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast