FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Should I?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Nailed it

, where's my dollar?

OP, if you truly think this is legit, you should give the $25k to your father to hold for 5 years.

clue - 10353 is owned by a member on here
    Lol, my first thought was, "hmmm... I wonder who actually owns 10353."

Regardless, now is the part where you play with the scammer. Really play up your interest, but labor over the details. Start with something like, "What a coincidence! I'm visiting my brother in Seattle, WA this weekend. This is a perfect opportunity to see the car in person. If I buy it, I'll even drive it home from there, saving you the shipping cost. It's a win-win situation for both of us!" When he explains that he can't do that because he's already made a shipping arrangement, tell them that your brothers friend works for a different shipping company that is an affiliate of Landfall, so he can get you access. All you need is for him to send you parcel code for the vehicle. When he says he can't send you that for some BS reason, let him know that your brother's friend already found it by looking up the guys email address that he's been using to communicate with you. It's important that throughout this process, you reiterate that you've been able to secure the funds, and are ready to make the payment transfer as this will keep him on the hook. Then tell him you went and looked at it, you were concerned with some damage on one side, and offer to send him a picture. Take one of the photos of the car from his website, and photoshop yourself into it flipping him the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Lol, my first thought was, "hmmm... I wonder who actually owns 10353."

Regardless, now is the part where you play with the scammer. Really play up your interest, but labor over the details. Start with something like, "What a coincidence! I'm visiting my brother in Seattle, WA this weekend. This is a perfect opportunity to see the car in person. If I buy it, I'll even drive it home from there, saving you the shipping cost. It's a win-win situation for both of us!" When he explains that he can't do that because he's already made a shipping arrangement, tell them that your brothers friend works for a different shipping company that is an affiliate of Landfall, so he can get you access. All you need is for him to send you parcel code for the vehicle. When he says he can't send you that for some BS reason, let him know that your brother's friend already found it by looking up the guys email address that he's been using to communicate with you. It's important that throughout this process, you reiterate that you've been able to secure the funds, and are ready to make the payment transfer as this will keep him on the hook. Then tell him you went and looked at it, you were concerned with some damage on one side, and offer to send him a picture. Take one of the photos of the car from his website, and photoshop yourself into it flipping him the bird.
    I emailed the guy demanding a explanation, and he has yet to reply. You guys were right, and this is most likely a scam. Not sure what route to take at this point, maybe wait for prices to drop (unlikely) or see if I can talk down a 22k offer. Anything above 20k will most likely torpedo my budget, and having a 5k+ maintanance budget is non-negotiable. I'll continue searching the internet, however, as a lot can change in 9 months. Looking over the replies, the main issue seems to be the "too good to be true" price as well as the lack of driving experience. I'm sure that if I can sort out said issues, things will end up working out. I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, and the knowledge I gained here will probably help me in the coming months. In the meantime, I'll be sure think twice before searching for DeLorean on shady sites.

I'm personally interested in what the seller has to say, and I'll update this thread if I get a response.

My VIN:    10353

I feel famous!??

Car is not for sale....especially with San Diego Comic Con starting today!

EDIT: I just opened the album, those were the pics from the ebay listing when I won the auction two years ago. Made some improvements since then

Last edited by eight8toy; 07-19-2018 at 11:30 AM.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    I feel famous!??

Car is not for sale....especially with San Diego Comic Con starting today!

EDIT: I just opened the album, those were the pics from the ebay listing when I won the auction two years ago. Made some improvements since then

Oh man, I'm pretty sure what has to happen now is that fmprocks26 needs to give you the email address for this guy and YOU get to mess with him. The beautiful part, is that when you're finished with him, you can send a photo with your car!

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

OP, if you post in the future, do not include hotlinks. At this point I will consider it spam and shut the thread down. Clearly these are scam sites (as previously advised) and to post links to them can make a new member look fishy....
    Soundkillr was here.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    OP, if you post in the future, do not include hotlinks. At this point I will consider it spam and shut the thread down. Clearly these are scam sites (as previously advised) and to post links to them can make a new member look fishy....
    I’m inclined to believe this thread should be lock or closed also. Or just deleted w the links to the phishing sites
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Due to a few spam issues, im going to close this one down. It's hard to determine if intentions are genuine from a new user, but its a risk and burden to the site im not willing to risk.....op sorry, I suggest taking the advice of other members here, and purchasing later when its a more financially viable option
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4