FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Vinyl Seat Repair

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Vinyl Seat Repair

Anyone have any recommendations of products and/or techniques they have used to repair a small tear in the side vinyl of the seats? (see attached.) Long term is to replace the covers, but the leather is still in great shape, so short term to make it look better and not split further.

H-66, Permatek etc. anyone used successfully?

20180714_192507.jpg

Thanks

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The vinyl is old, dried out and brittle. Even if you can successfully repair it, it won't last and will probably split nearby. Search the Internet, there are all kinds of kits sold to repair vinyl. You can also check out eastwood.com. For a good short-term solution maybe cheap seatcovers?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    The vinyl is old, dried out and brittle. Even if you can successfully repair it, it won't last and will probably split nearby. Search the Internet, there are all kinds of kits sold to repair vinyl. You can also check out eastwood.com. For a good short-term solution maybe cheap seatcovers?
    Cheap seat covers is what caused it... but I agree I'll need to redo the seats come winter, but only so many days of sun to enjoy until then.