FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Right Rear Toe adjustment help

Right Rear Toe adjustment help

After getting my alignment checked I was told my right rear toe is at -.07 when the acceptable range is between +.20 to +.28 degrees.

I have 5 shims on the RR TAB so my question is would removing one Shim brings things closer to home? It seems logical that removing shims would increase the toe-in. Just looking for some verification. Thanks all, I appreciate it.

IMG_0768.jpgIMG_0768.jpg

My VIN:    No. 4068

Yes, removing a shim on the rear right should bring the toe angle in. You may find that you might have to remove 2 shims for that figure.

I'm surprised they didn't do this at the time, unless the talking arm shields were on preventing access.

You'll notice the difference in handling from the adjustment.

Post results after the alignment (geometry) showing all 4 wheels.

Don't forget to ask to check that the machine (usually a Hunter or Hoffman etc) has 'run out compensation' & 'castor angles' included.
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

Well, I was told they don't have the proper tools to do the alignment. Shields are off as well...Again this was a basic tire repair shop that looked at the Delorean as if it were a UFO. The front toe was a little out as well and rather than discuss the proper function of a wrench and vice grips, I'll take it to a more reputable shop.

Thanks for the help

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Make sure they properly torque the TAB with the full weight of the suspension on the wheel (not hanging in the air). If it is over-torqued you collapse the spacer in the rubber bushing and you will never get to the proper torque. Bring the specs with you and if it is not in the machine they can enter them manually under custom. If they don't know how to do that, go to another shop. If, after adjusting Toe, the camber does not come into spec, something is bent.
    Last edited by David T; 07-26-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    David Teitelbaum