FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 1981 Delorean Automatic Transmission, Black Interior, 17,500 Miles

1981 Delorean Automatic Transmission, Black Interior, 17,500 Miles

Looking to sell my DeLorean. It was built in July 1981. The car has an automatic transmission that shifts very crisp and the PRV V-6 engine runs quietly. This particular Delorean has the grooved hood with locking gas flap, and black interior. The car has only 17,5XX miles on it. Features include gullwing doors, leather seats, leather steering wheel, power windows, and power mirrors. I have included many photos of the interior and exterior of the car. Frame appears to be in very good condition. The DeLorean is very clean inside and out, and attracts a lot of attention wherever it goes. Since I purchased it in 2007 I have only put around 2,000 miles on it. Under my care it has never seen snow or rain, and has been kept garaged. Due to not having the time to drive it, I believe it’s time for someone else to enjoy it as much as I did. I also have a clean CarFax report for the car. Below is a list of repairs I completed to improve the car:

Projects/Repairs during my ownership:

Installed new automatic transmission shifting cable
    New fuel filter, fuel pump, and fuel sender for gas gauge
    Cleaned gas tank by hand
    New struts for driver and passenger doors
    New Brake Pads installed, rotors looked fine so they were not replaced.
    All tires were replaced
    Installed new Automatic Transmission Governor, changed trans. fluid & filter
    New driver’s side power window
    New windshield
    New alternator
    New Radiator & changed engine coolant
    New just in the past month: fuel accumulator, changed engine oil, changed oil filter, added window washing fluid, new struts for both luggage and engine compartments

Previous owner installed a radio antenna on top louver instead of using previous built-in windshield antenna. Installation looks very nice

Future repairs/known issues:

A/C will need to be converted to R134, or be able to locate R12 for recharging. Air comes out but it is not cold

Headliner center sections are starting to sag and should be replaced in the next year or two. Headliners for driver side and passenger side door were already redone. When door headliners were done I purchased extra matching fabric to do the other headliner sections at a later date, this fabric is included in sale.

Original stock Craig Radio works but the digital screen does not work properly. Radio volume, and channel memory works fine. New owner can upgrade radio system or continue to use as is.

Carpet behind passenger seat has damage from battery acid leak from previous owner. You can only see this when seat is pulled forward to access the battery. Rest of carpet in car is in very nice condition. Please see photo.

Door seals are showing their age and could use replacement in the future. Driver’s side inner door seal is loose. Please see photo

The brakes squeak sometimes when coming to a stop. This could possibly be caused by replacing the brake pads and not replacing the rotors as well. However brakes work properly. Rotors looked fine when I replaced the brake pads.

Rheostat (spinning dial the controls interior illumination) does not appear to be working. A replacement can be purchased from Delorean.com (part #100814) for $48.88

Stainless Steel exterior is in overall very good condition; there is one small pin-size dimple on the passenger’s side quarter panel and there are some visible scratches on the hood. However these scratches are not deep, you can’t actually feel them. It is possible that they could be improved with a blending pad. I never attempted to correct them as I was never confident in my abilities to fix stainless steel. There are some marks on the bottom bumper near the grille. Please see photos.

Also included in sale:
    • New passenger side power window motor (I originally bought a pair)
    • New matching headliner fabric to finish the center headliner section
    • DMC Workshop Manuals and reproduction instruction manual
    • Receipts of all major parts purchased since 2007

Price is $29,000 Firm. Serious inquiries only please. Would prefer the buyer to see the car in person and not ship. Payment would need to be made by wire transfer or cash. Vehicle has no warranty and is sold "AS IS." I am located in Traverse City, Michigan, about 3 hours north of Grand Rapids and 4 hours northwest of Detroit. I have additional photos and 1 video of the interior electronics in working condition available, please contact me for Dropbox link. I can be reached at [email protected]
    Attached Images

Car Has been sold