Back on the 4th of July I was coming home from a parade and had just gotten to the bottom of an offramp. While waiting for the light to turn, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a Prius barreling down the ramp, I tried to move out of the way but there wasn't enough room. He hit me on the driver's side rear corner, skidded out into the intersection and kept going. Before I could react, I heard a siren and a state trooper came speeding down the ramp and turned the same direction the Prius had gone. I moved the car over to the side, inspected the damage, called the cops and my insurance. It took about 20 minutes for a trooper to show up, she took my information and said the guy driving the Prius had been trying to evade the police. He had some warrants out, plus was driving with a revoked license and no insurance. They caught up to him a little way down the road and arrested him for the outstanding warrants and license, plus hit and run. I had the car towed and the next day insurance sent out someone to inspect it. It took them over a week to put together an estimate that covered all of the repairs needed and give the go ahead to start work. The parts finally came in this week, so there's now some light at the end of the tunnel.

The left quarter panel is toast, so is the rear fascia, impact absorber, quarter panel bracket, rub strip, and a few odds and ends. Luckily neither the frame or underbody was touched and the engine is fine. This has sucked, but it could have been a lot worse

IMG_4078[1].jpg IMG_4095[1].jpg IMG_4068[1].jpg IMG_4090[1].jpg