FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Has anyone used Hervey's SS accumulator-to-filter line?

My VIN:    1890

Has anyone used Hervey's SS accumulator-to-filter line?

I see that a few have mentioned this flex line 'in case' the hard line is damaged, but I could not find any instance where it was actually done.

Is it routed in approximately the same location as the original hard line? Any other comments?

I have not yet been able to secure the hard line elbow fitting from leaking since replacing the accumulator, and am looking for a 'plan b'.
    Robert
    1981 DeLorean #1890
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    1968 Pontiac Le Mans convertible

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by DMC1890 View Post
    I see that a few have mentioned this flex line 'in case' the hard line is damaged, but I could not find any instance where it was actually done.

Is it routed in approximately the same location as the original hard line? Any other comments?

I have not yet been able to secure the hard line elbow fitting from leaking since replacing the accumulator, and am looking for a 'plan b'.
    I recommend DPI's Elbow. Its very easy to install and doesn't leak. Check this thread I posted pics in it...http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...ator-to-Filter

My VIN:    1890

Yes, that looks like a good fix for the elbow fitting at the filter. I had a similar problem with that fitting as well, but I was able to tighten it back up sufficiently. But my problem is the elbow fitting at the accumulator - I can't tighten it up sufficiently where the hard line enters the elbow, and there isn't room enough to try to cut that line and attach a new fitting.
    Robert
    1981 DeLorean #1890
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    1968 Pontiac Le Mans convertible

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Because they are steel fittings you really have to crank on them to get them to stop leaking. Especially difficult to do with the accumulator because there is so little room to work in.
    David Teitelbaum