FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help me find my Delorean, Please

My VIN:    01398

Cool help me find my Delorean, Please

I know this is likely frowned upon by many group members, but, I'm losing hope.. I am actively ready to buy, but I have a budget. I'm not necessarily looking for a ready to go car..I am fine with one that needs work...I have all but had my hands on a few only to be left out to dry.
    I am in the Chicago area and am in contact with DMCmidwest.... maybe i'm not looking in the right places.. any and all help will be appreciated..
    please contact me if you have one at [email protected]..

thanks

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi there, welcome to the forum. I’ll certainly look in my neck of the woods, but it would be helpful to know your budget range.

Also, DMCFL is 7 minutes from where I work, so it would be very easy for me to check out a car there if you see one.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 08-05-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by Erock@1978 View Post
    I know this is likely frowned upon by many group members, but, I'm losing hope.. I am actively ready to buy, but I have a budget. I'm not necessarily looking for a ready to go car..I am fine with one that needs work...I have all but had my hands on a few only to be left out to dry.
    I am in the Chicago area and am in contact with DMCmidwest.... maybe i'm not looking in the right places.. any and all help will be appreciated..
    please contact me if you have one at [email protected]..

thanks
    Delorean Convention is in 9 days near Chicago. May want o see if anything there will be for sale. Good Luck!

My VIN:    4372

Where are you looking? What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10353

ebay usually has a few cars available.

Have you joined the facebook delorean pages like the "Delorean Fanatics" page, they usually post for sale cars found on local craigslist pages and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel05 View Post
    Where are you looking? What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    online mostly..ebay of course..hemmings..craigslist..here..BaT..the auction sites as well.
    i'm a player around 20k

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    Delorean Convention is in 9 days near Chicago. May want o see if anything there will be for sale. Good Luck!
    that's my hope right now..i bought a ticket and will likely attend Thursday (Chris Lloyd is rumored to appear)..& sunday..

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi there, welcome to the forum. I’ll certainly look in my neck of the woods, but it would be helpful to know your budget range.

Also, DMCFL is 7 minutes from where I work, so it would be very easy for me to check out a car there if you see one.
    I spoke with the guys at DMCFL.. real nice.. they have me in their database too.... I'm comfortable at 20k.. which I know isn't getting me a showcar.. but should get me one that needs some love

I purchased a car from Mike at DMC MW a couple of months ago, and it was a great experience. I visited his facility about a year ago and emailed him my preferences for a car in the early Summer this year. Gas flap hood, black interior, 5 speed, windshield antenna, lighter wheels, Eibach suspension update, etc. Lo and behold he got a car on consignment in within a day of my email with the exact specifications I was seeking, so I bought it. 25K miles, originally out of California with 15K in receipts from DMC MW since 2012. Basically, a really nice car that was driven right out of his facility an hour and fifteen minutes home in a rain storm (unfortunately) without a hitch. For reference, I will probably have about 2.5 times your budget in this car by Summer's end since I am doing some minor things to it post-purchase to make it even better. Given where values have gone over the last few years, 20K is going to buy you a project car that will need a lot of work. The cheapest car I've seen DMC MW sell recently was an automatic one on eBay with no reserve last year for around 24K, which was a good deal. I'd say most of the cars they sell are in the 40s with some higher and some lower. I paid a small premium buying from a DMC affiliate vs. privately. However, I got the exact car I was looking for, and their continued support/advice has been an invaluable asset. Keep in touch with Mike and Suzy, and you never know when a good deal will pop up.

I second DMC Midwest. Mike was great to work with. He was honest and educational aboit the condition of the car. A pressure free sale and he foind a car in the condition and price I was looking in. I think he had a car for me in like 1 week, 2 weeks tops. You can take your time and try to go private with a sale, but then you have to consider distance to travel and the competition for a deal.

If you don't get one from DMC Midwest and are in the area, I'd at least recommend having them inspect the car. They gave me a detailed list of everything they noticed with the car. It's made ownership much more worry free as i know what issues I will likely be dealing with or repairs I should prioritize.

Best of luck on your hunt!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast