FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electrical quit while trying to start car

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I'd guess the poor connection wasn't supplying the AUX/other relays with enough power to energize them. And since the door lights are one of the few things that aren't fed through relays and require very little power (as David mentioned), they lit.
    (Similar to the key being off and the battery nearly dead.)
    hmmm. OK. Well I have been working on cleaning connections, and found the Positive post on the Rt pontoon for jump starting was a little corroded. This issue has only happened once so I'll keep my eye on it. Just hope I don't have any issues on my way to DCS!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Good luck!

If it does, check the shutoff switch connections first. The cables don't have enough slack/flex to keep from loosening some of the bulkier ones up, imo. Clean and tighten often...

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Get yourself a portable battery pack. The better ones come with a light and an air compressor, very handy.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Get yourself a portable battery pack. The better ones come with a light and an air compressor, very handy.
    Yes, I already have one. But thanks!

I drove the car from AZ to NC with no issues. But You never know when something may pop up. fingers crossed for an uneventful drive Tuesday to DCS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2