FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help with PPR assembly ID and o-ring. "pictures"

My VIN:    03572

You can test your rest pressure time now at any temperature. But if it started quickly after one hour then you must have fixed it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    1597

I will find out soon enough if the Viton did the trick.
    Now I need to figure why my car is getting up to 220 fairly quickly.
    All I have done is a recent oil change. Did a all over general look see and did do some cleaning under the engine and trans with spray cleaner and then wipe. I have auto bleeds at both ends and did burp the front t one by the rad and did get some air out. Later I ran the car to temp with heater on and repeated it.
    Don't know what others temp hovers at when it is 95 outside with the a/c on but as a general rule I do not drive it over 90 unless for short distances. Also who knows how accurate the gauge is?
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi. I had a similar situation as my old PPR O-rings looked fine visually. But changing them solved my hot start problem. I had already replaced the fuel accumulator and I'm running Dave's solid state RPM relay.

Here's a picture of my old and new:

Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Probably best to consult some overheating threads at this point but I'd first check your coolant level if you haven't already (gotta mention that...sorry), but also a good possibility your thermostat isn't functioning. Or a physical blockage in your cooling system. This is all providing your fans are coming on as expected, normally and as you turn on your AC to max, too.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

I replaced the radiator myself some years ago with a improved one along with better fans "Toby"that do not use as much power. Also have the fan sequencer Cool something or another.. Dig rpm relay....
    Visually checked and both fans are running and come on. IIRC the therm is one that comes on a little early. As I said I use iirc Toby's bleeders at the tank and at the radiator. SS tank, new hoses, no leaks detected. Any car will run hot during these type summers but I don't recall the temp jumping up this quickly and especially sitting ON the 220 line which is really what gets my attention. Rarely drive it over 85 or 90f but I will be watching it carefully.

BTW to the post with the pic of the assembly and o-rings. I have already replaced the front small viton but how do you get the larger rear off? I did not spend much time trying to figure it out nor do I have a replacement but how and where did you get it. DMC?
    Last edited by JIMJAM; 08-10-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    I replaced the radiator myself some years ago with a improved one along with better fans that do not use as much power. Also have the fan sequencer Cool something or another.. Dig rpm relay....
    Visually checked and both fans are running and come on. IIRC the therm is one that comes on a little early. As I said I use iirc Toby's bleeders at the tank and at the radiator. SS tank, new hoses, no leaks detected. Any car will run hot during these type summers but I don't recall the temp jumping up this quickly.
    I'd turn my attention next to the thermostat and make sure that's doing its job. $25 replacement part with gasket, if need be, and an easy install.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Thanks for your reply. I will find out fairly quickly if my hot start issue was resolved or at least helped with the o-ring replacement. The temp issue is very common for all my exotics but the D is especially known to hate the summers here. The a/c while working as good as it gets is just good enough to keep you alive. A fair weather car to say the least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2