FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DCS Tech Day Projects

DCS Tech Day Projects

Hey gang,
    Not sure what's on the agenda for tech day, but if there's downtime on Wednesday I was going to bring some projects to work on if anyone wants to help or watch me botch up my car! =p

Here's what I'm bringing:

1. Audiovox cruise control
    2. Wings Aloft
    3. Headliners

Not sure what I'll actually tackle, but i thought it would be helpful for other people to see some of the process of putting in new actuators or something like that. I've never even taken the panels off my car, so excited to see what's underneath!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

PM sent
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

My VIN:    16409

I'm planning to be at the tech day.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I'm planning to be at the tech day.
    Same here.

Chris, call/text me if you want to share a ride from the airport today.

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Let me know what time you will be at the session. We're doing inspections on a first come - first serve basis. Our tech session will lean more toward watching the inspections, and watching and learning from Wolfgang (our guest technician) and his recommendations and presentations. Some owners have requested torsion bar adjustments, and possible AC maintenance. We may complete these jobs at the resort depending on time, and restrictions from the shop.
    Safety Glasses are always good during the car inspections, whether folks are working or just observing under the cars.

I should be available at the shop at 8:00am. If you have any questions, please contact me via email: eddie5150 at g mail dot com.
    Last edited by EdR5150; 08-15-2018 at 06:25 AM.
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

My VIN:    02530

Quote Originally Posted by adam_knox View Post
    Hey gang,
    Not sure what's on the agenda for tech day, but if there's downtime on Wednesday I was going to bring some projects to work on if anyone wants to help or watch me botch up my car! =p

Here's what I'm bringing:

1. Audiovox cruise control
    2. Wings Aloft
    3. Headliners

Not sure what I'll actually tackle, but i thought it would be helpful for other people to see some of the process of putting in new actuators or something like that. I've never even taken the panels off my car, so excited to see what's underneath!

Good to meet you Adam! Let me know if you want to set up a tech day either in Madison or Waukesha one of these days. I don’t need to do much on my car anymore but I’m always willing to lend a hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was great meeting everyone! Yeah, anyone in the area that want to do a tech day, let me know. I had a couple ideas of things we could do. I did think it would be cool to do "group" installs if anyone wanted to do like , cruise control, wings aloft, exhaust or something. Basically, we find at least two or three cars that want the same thing done and have an experienced person kinda lead on how to install something and we do it all together (less head scratching and troubleshooting). If we plan it out it gives everyone time to save and order the parts.

So maybe some people are doing easy stuff like swapping out for leds, doing oil changes and the like and then some people are all installing together as a group their upgrades.

And if anyone wants to meet up just for the heck of it I'm totally game.

Hope everyone had fun this weekend! (And thanks to everyone involved in helping out with the show! You guys and gals did a great job!)