FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: After a 1 year Harvey hiatus...to work. Need help finding old thread.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

After a 1 year Harvey hiatus...to work. Need help finding old thread.

Title says it all. Harvey flooded us and the water came up into the car from the bottom. Now that the house is finally fixed and my kids' stuff all moved out of my garage along with them, I have my garage space back to work on the car. No major damage and the insurance company (classic insurance through Geico) was great. Even though I got them out the next day and dried them nicely, I'm going to replace the carpets. No electrics got reached. It didn't even reach the bottom of the seats, just the frames. I got very lucky. It's been offsite at a friend's house since then (a year now...wow) and I just brought it back yesterday and put it up on the lift. Carpet is out as is the thin foam/foil pipe liner I was using as sound deadening. I can't say that I noticed a difference with that so I'm not going to replace it. Center console is out too.

Since it got wet and since I've always wanted to, I ripped out the vertical plywood board that sits behind the seats. GOOD GOD they used a lot of adhesive to stick that to the fiberglass! Here's where I need the help; I recall a thread about somebody's car where they had rebuilt the entire parcel shelf/vertical board area out of wood with hinged doors and created a storage area along with access to the fuses. I can't find that thread. Does anyone remember or have any other examples that come to mind? I remember it looked sharp.

I'm going to run a ground bus from front to back and chop out a huge amount of the redundant ground wires running through the car. Since I'm EFI'd and long past the point of no return in going back to stock, I'm also going to do some wholesale circuit removal and modernize my fusebox/breakers/bulkhead connectors setup. I'd really like to make a total solution at this point. My wiring diagram will be much easier to follow as a result!

My brakes are a little funky so I'm sure a piston or two got rusty. I'll change fluids after the long sit and check all my fasteners underneath. I'm also ripping out the old R12 AC system and replacing hoses/compressor/orifice with new from either Josh or Hervy. Suggestions?

I'm going to be out of commission for a while but when done, she'll be like new. Wish me luck.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Maybe http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...l=1#post211415

..., post 196 and others in that thread

That's cool stuff he's done, but that wasn't the one I remembered.... it was much older. Pre 2008 I think. I love the stainless shift plate with the protected switches. I may have to rethink mine.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That would have been on .com (pre May 2011).

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

This will include that supercharger project, right? Eh? Eh? Eh?
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    This will include that supercharger project, right? Eh? Eh? Eh?
    I still have the SC sitting in the garage taunting me....I must confess though, my zeal for tackling such a fabrication (brackets, blowoffs, piping...) not to mention the cost of getting the scroll vain rewelded and the SC rebuilt, has waned. I may leave such trailblazing to you young bucks .
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.