Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
<snip> As for saying something to you in person, well, the few times I saw you on Thursday you looked right through me- even when I said "Hi Rich". I thought maybe I died, and was a ghost. It was not just this show, you have done this to me at past DCS shows too (except for the one time you gave me the Legend T-Shirt you had made, Thanks for that! I am afraid to wear it, and mess it up). My assumption was you did not like me, which is OK- lots of people don't like me! My blunt personality does not go over well with lots of people, and I find those people have trouble separating the issues from the person. And no, you are not Ken- He was able to take my criticism without seeing it as a personal attack.
<snip>
Since you brought it up, I will be the first to acknowledge there was a change in my view of Marc (and others)
several DCS events ago. While it really is not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, it's more of the
principal of the lack of respect to me by people not asking me before getting in and out of my vehicles for their
own reasons, especially since this was right after Don Steger took the D Rex out for a high-speed joyride in CA.

I always thought I could trust other DeLorean owners not to abuse (or even sit in) other DeLorean owner's cars
without asking (in the case of sitting in) or without stating the conditions of a drive-around. While Don Steger's
high-speed joyride of D Rex on the block in front of his shop in Garden Grove was much more concerning, just
the process of getting in or out of the D Rex can cause a fall or injury, and therefore should require my permission.

Almost every DeLorean owner has had to deal with someone hopping into their DeLorean at car shows and maybe
the public sees the DeLorean as a BTTF Prop and they can just sit in it, but owners should know better to ask first.
The D Rex is still suffering the after effects of the high-speed joyride (while the transfer case was set in 4 Low),
including a leaking transfer case, leaking transmission and a damaged left rear 4-link suspension mount.

Once trust is lost, it is difficult to accept someone else's advice or offers to help. If it was not for people telling me
about posts on FB and elsewhere, I may not even know these things had happened. So ... now you know.