FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lookig for pic of cruise control set/resume switch

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

lookig for pic of cruise control set/resume switch

Somewhere in this forum I swear I saw someone posted a picture of a stock style turn signal stalk that had a set/resume function on it for cruise. I have been searching and cannot locate this pic again. anyone know where I may find it?

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    Somewhere in this forum I swear I saw someone posted a picture of a stock style turn signal stalk that had a set/resume function on it for cruise. I have been searching and cannot locate this pic again. anyone know where I may find it?
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Rostra-Audiov...AAAOSwdIFXycj6

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by adam_knox View Post
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Rostra-Audiov...AAAOSwdIFXycj6

No this looks exactaly like a stock stalk but has a set res switch on top. Maybe it came from another car that used the same turn signal stalk but had a cruise option.

My VIN:    Early

Maybe it was mine?

IMG_4080.jpg
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Also the switch is from a Ford. I just scratched the logo off.

I soldered the wires directly to the button style switch found with rostra/dakota digital kits. Each button actuates a short to a common wire. For mine, each button shorts one of the four output wires to 12v+ supply to the common wire.

Anyways, if that's the switch that your looking for, it is still available on ebay. Ford part number is E4AZ-9C888. Just search that exact part number in ebay, and the listing will popup.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Also the switch is from a Ford. I just scratched the logo off.

I soldered the wires directly to the button style switch found with rostra/dakota digital kits. Each button actuates a short to a common wire. For mine, each button shorts one of the four output wires to 12v+ supply to the common wire.

Anyways, if that's the switch that your looking for, it is still available on ebay. Ford part number is E4AZ-9C888. Just search that exact part number in ebay, and the listing will popup.
    Does it have the horn button on the end? I am 99.9% that the one I saw a pic of looked exactaly like a DMC one but had a set/res switch on the top of the switch. But I could be wrong.

I have not seen one with a horn button. I was thinking of rigging a horn up to the center pad of the steering wheel if I go with a stalk like that... Good luck on your hunt, keep us posted on what you find!

08C59C6E-CDF2-422C-9A65-7338855F8077.jpg

Ok I finally found the pic!! It was under a How to article on cruise control. Any one know what this switch is from??
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    08C59C6E-CDF2-422C-9A65-7338855F8077.jpg

Ok I finally found the pic!! It was under a How to article on cruise control. Any one know what this switch is from??
    Thanks!
    I tried finding that, but I gave up after a year and no results...

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I have the same switch that Bigmac posted. The switch that he used is an old Rostra switch for an early 1980's Ford (Rostra Part # 250-3100). NOS Rostra switches of this type may be available on Ebay, which is where I found mine back in 2015. However, it's not a plug and play swap. The Rostra switch comes with the stalk attached and it won't simply install into the DMC switch.

As Bigmac confirmed within his PM to me, he had to lathe out the Rostra switch and graph it onto the stock DMC stalk. IIRC he also figured out a way to make the horn work as well. The push button on the end of the Rostra switch is for a cruse function as opposed to the horn. IIRC the Ford horn switch is activated by a switch at the end of the stalk by the steering wheel.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast