FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Chrome Alternator

My VIN:    4665

Chrome Alternator

Does anyone have a recommendation on a specific source for a chromed version of an alternator that fit our cars. I normally wouldn't bother, but the previous owner chromed most of the engine components...excepting the alternator. Now that has gone bad, and I might as well replace it with a chromed version if at all possible.

Jegs and parts sites I've found have chromed CS130-like alternators for instance, but none that indicate specific fitment to a D. If you've had success with someone please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

chrome

Bet it was Dick Ryans. "rad dad" car...

My VIN:    10270

The majority of GM alternators will not fit the existing bracket, unfortunately. You would need a custom bracket to fit the standard GM 2" ear mount, which is what almost everything on Summit features, as well as the posted eBay listing. I had Matt (Drive Stainless) make me a custom adapter for my car but I don't think he was interested in making any more.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    4665

Thanks everyone.

I had noticed that the mounting ears were different on the eBay option as well as what I could easily locate online i.e. Jegs or Summit. If its going to require a custom mount, I just don't have the patience or time to source something custom.

Steve