FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: What’s this?

My VIN:    3455

What’s this?

I was troubleshooting why my wipers weren’t working and I found an wire was to blame. I may have knocked it loose when I reinstalled the heater box. Fixed the wipers but found this guy with no place to go. It’s near the brake lamp switch but not part of that. Anyone recognize it?

C4903886-5576-4B85-910B-D0C72F0B06C2.jpg

My VIN:    05457

If I remember correctly that can go to the brake light switch. One available wire is switched 12v and one is always on. I have a dangling wire as well. I use my always on wire for brakes.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I assume you have a 5 speed?

I think it's the lock-out for the AT from the brake switch (you have to have the brake depressed to move the lever from P to D or R)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I assume you have a 5 speed?

I think it's the lock-out for the AT from the brake switch (you have to have the brake depressed to move the lever from P to D or R)
    I do have a 5-speed, so this makes sense. I know there are a few dead-end wires that only have a use in automatics and I guess this is another one.

If, as the previous reply states, it is switched 12V, I can probably find a good use for it. Since my brake lights come on with no key in the ignition, I'm guessing the always-on wire is plugged into the brake switch.

Thanks!

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    There is no gear lockout on automatic deloreans...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3