FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vent question not AC

My VIN:    10353

So if the blend door appears to be working then your mode switch might be the problem? Maybe one of the little vacuum lines got disconnected or has rotted out? I know I just pulled my radio and while doing so the wires caught that octopus contraption and pulled it off so I had to reattach everything. You done any radio or other work in that area recently?

When you turn the engine on and then from the OFF position attempt to switch it to VENT do you hear anything back there snap open/close?

If all else fails you can do what I used to do and even with the fan blowing air in I basically had to drive like Ace Ventura with my head pressed against the toll window opening to catch any fresh air since it was hot all the time!

Driving-Down-Auto-Insurance-Ventura-768x410.jpg

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

vent

Only if your Jim Reeves [he is tiny enough to
    climb through his window!]

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    So if the blend door appears to be working then your mode switch might be the problem? Maybe one of the little vacuum lines got disconnected or has rotted out? I know I just pulled my radio and while doing so the wires caught that octopus contraption and pulled it off so I had to reattach everything. You done any radio or other work in that area recently?

When you turn the engine on and then from the OFF position attempt to switch it to VENT do you hear anything back there snap open/close?

If all else fails you can do what I used to do and even with the fan blowing air in I basically had to drive like Ace Ventura with my head pressed against the toll window opening to catch any fresh air since it was hot all the time!

Driving-Down-Auto-Insurance-Ventura-768x410.jpg
    I have not had any radio work done at all. so no one was messing around in there I will go check the mode switch right now. just seem weird that I can cold AC but no vent.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'd still go by sight and not sound. If room allows, position your cellphone recording video at the cable end and move the switch to confirm. Even better is if you can remove the cable end and test the flap by hand. If no work has been done on your hvac box then you'll also have flaps on which the foam has long disintegrated and is now missing and not fully sealing.
    -----Dan B.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I'd still go by sight and not sound. If room allows, position your cellphone recording video at the cable end and move the switch to confirm. Even better is if you can remove the cable end and test the flap by hand. If no work has been done on your hvac box then you'll also have flaps on which the foam has long disintegrated and is now missing and not fully sealing.
    I’m on drive right now in the car an it all is working normal now I guess it is a DeLorean miracle.
    Thank you all for your help
    Will check for foam blocking it. When I get home.
    I had not drove the car for about a month until yesterday.

Any ideas what would cause it to be an intermittent problem if this returns
    Attached Images
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    I have not had any radio work done at all. so no one was messing around in there I will go check the mode switch right now. just seem weird that I can cold AC but no vent.
    If the mode switch is on vent, the recirculation door should be closed, which its default position on anything except max AC. When this door is closed, fresh air is pulled across an ambient-temp evaporator directly to the floor and face vents. According to the workshop manual, the heater valve only closes on max ac, so the heater core will be hot. If the blend door (controlled by the temp control knob) is set to full cold, the heater core should be completely bypassed. The other likely place heat could escape is if the foam on the back of the heater box is loose or missing, but you would feel that warm air in the driver footwell rather than from the face vents.

I'm thinking it has to be something with the blend door. The heater core is always hot except on Max AC, and even if your recirc door was somehow stuck open, it still mixes enough fresh air with the cabin air that it shouldn't feel hot - as long as the blend door is fully closed.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    If you're not the original owner you never know what the PO did or didn't do. I found my vacuum lines in the wrong places and the T connector for the hot water valve/ recirc was disconnected.
    There is a diagram in the Technical manual that shows where each line should go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2