FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SS Letters/Inserts for Rear Bumper and Dior Sills

SS Letters/Inserts for Rear Bumper and Dior Sills

Looking for new SS letters/inserts for the rear bumper and door sills. I’ve seen a few places sell them but which are the best quality/best buys? Not looking for stickers.

I also heard there could be illuminated ones out there?

Thanks.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Pags44 View Post
    Looking for new SS letters/inserts for the rear bumper and door sills. I’ve seen a few places sell them but which are the best quality/best buys? Not looking for stickers.

Thanks.
    Made mine light up. This is not for the weak of heart though as the letters are completely cut out, lexan panels epoxied in place and a 30mm red light bar installed. I know im the second in the world to attempt this. Others have done a different mod where they mount a cut out plate over the letters and make them light like that. Luckly i got mine right the first try.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Made mine light up. This is not for the weak of heart though as the letters are completely cut out, lexan panels epoxied in place and a 30mm red light bar installed. I know im the second in the world to attempt this. Others have done a different mod where they mount a cut out plate over the letters and make them light like that. Luckly i got mine right the first try.

When off

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

lights

Looks good

Thanks! Took 2 careful months to don this with a dremel, grout tile cutting bit and small files. Sometimes I hear their stainless steel letters fall off that people install

baldwinsusa
    I had the SS letters put on my first D. When the car arrived after getting refurbished the letters were already starting to come off. I had to add additional glue. I'm hesitant to do it again on the D I am getting in a few months. I like the look though. Yours looks amazing. I would be too nervous to try what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwinsusa View Post
    I had the SS letters put on my first D. When the car arrived after getting refurbished the letters were already starting to come off. I had to add additional glue. I'm hesitant to do it again on the D I am getting in a few months. I like the look though. Yours looks amazing. I would be too nervous to try what you did.
    I was really nervous as hell when I did it and so is my wife LOL and I always did like stainless steel letters but thought it was cheap on how they attach considering how many people I heard have them fall off. Painting is always an option?

My VIN:    1890

That looks really nice even when turned off. I peeled off the letters on my D because they looked like a kid had cut them out of a disposable aluminum foil roasting pan, and haven't replaced them.
    Robert
    1981 DeLorean #1890
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    1968 Pontiac Le Mans convertible

Quote Originally Posted by DMC1890 View Post
    That looks really nice even when turned off. I peeled off the letters on my D because they looked like a kid had cut them out of a disposable aluminum foil roasting pan, and haven't replaced them.
    Thanks DMC1890! I like the letters on our cars exposed and legible and the white lexan panels help during the day! Were your letters from a vendor?

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Pags44 View Post

Thanks.
    Bumper: https://www.deloreango.com/us/stainl...lettering.html

and Sill: https://www.deloreango.com/us/stainl...-set-of-6.html

Both in laser-cut stainless steel. Attach with a good flexible glue, or good quality double-sided tape (emblem tape). Those light-up bumper ones above look cool though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast