FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Can anyone do a temp sensor?

Can anyone do a temp sensor?

Hi all,

I’m very nearly close to selling the old boy, and the temp needle doesn’t move. My best guess is the sensor because the fuse has been replaced and the battery gauge works. Don’t want to have to send it ALLLLL the way down to Garden Grove and don’t feel comfortable doing it myself. Live in Beaumont 92223.
    Thank you guys for reading.
    Graham

My VIN:    02785

Does it sit down at the 6:00 position?

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

gauge

Give the left side of the binnacle a whack, sometimes the needle sticks...

My VIN:    02785

Every couple months my needle will get stuck and i am able to just touch it with a paper clip through the trip/reset hole

My VIN:    3757

If you went to Garden Grove, you might be surprised, as they moved to Huntington Beach years ago....

Alright so I just started it up again and let it sit idling for about 5-6 mins. I smacked the side, top and bottom of the binnacle a couple times each. The speedo needle flopped a bit but that was about it. Just wanted to see if any of you lads could do a replace before I go bend over (presumably) at the shop. Is there anything else I should check? Stuck thermostat?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Turn the key on and try to use the paperclip through the trip reset hole to tap the needle and see if that works first. I've had my gauge stuck so bad that the paper clip trick was the only way it would reset. Otherwise no, the thermostat is not tied to the gauge at all. If it isn't the gauge then maybe the wire fell off the temperature sensor or the wire is broken somewhere along the line.

Good luck.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    16409

Where abouts are you in southern CA? I had to remove the temp gauge section and replace it with a new one. The orange county DeLorean Club organizes tech days. I want to attend the next one. This is something that could be tackled at one of those.
    Last edited by Chris 16409; 09-25-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

I’m out in Beaumont near Redlands, Inland Empire. I’ll go to the paper clip next, but I just really don’t think I’m gonna get away from this that easy. Fingers crossed. And yeah I’d go to a Tech day no problem. Where are the details located?