FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bought another Giugiaro Designed car

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

So cool!

My VIN:    3028

If you are looking for inspiration, or a place that does very high end work on Lotus, check out this shop. They were featured on Jay Leno’s web series, and they do phenomenal work.

https://www.lotuspbc.com

Here is the Jay Leno video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMI9m-sn7I
    Barry

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Go over to Lotustalk and find the forum for the S2's. Lots of known issues but also fixes for them and info on where to get parts and service. Like Deloreans, the electrical system is a weak link, both have Lucas to thank for that. You might want to join Lotus Limited and find a local Lotus group. If you think Deloreans are hard to work on and get parts for, wait till you start working on your Lotus!
    Already been over there. Cant find anything related to supports for lca's, no solid state relays etc. Been looking, if you know any upgrades shoot me a pm. I have a whole set of links for places to buy parts etc but its just nos parts, nothing thats been re-engineered. I am having a new way bigger radiator and more modern fans made by lotus prepared by claudius but for now thats all I can find lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    If you are looking for inspiration, or a place that does very high end work on Lotus, check out this shop. They were featured on Jay Leno’s web series, and they do phenomenal work.

https://www.lotuspbc.com

Here is the Jay Leno video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMI9m-sn7I

lotus pbc is making me fans right now, i spoke with him over the phone for an hour or two. he is mailing me a whole wiring list. The wiring in the engine bay is a messssssssss

My VIN:    Sold: 04254

Very nice! Congratulations!
    In search of VIN 04254

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Beautiful. One of my dream cars as well. I’m sure she handles great.
    Driven many an Esprit, and owned one for a few years. They handle like they're made out of spaghetti. Very fun cars, but... very noodly. Lotus's handling reputation comes more from the Europa and Elan.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Hey all,so ive ventured into the realm adding to my dream car collection now that my delorean is finally paid off. I had a few cars in mind ive always wanted to own, but I need something to wrench on outside of work to keep me busy. I found a private collector with a massive collection of cars who was making space. This is what i ended up with. She needs some underside work and maybe some electrical stuff ( definitely) But she runs. Another Giugiaro beauty and almost as good looking as the Delorean!

Here are some pics. 1978 Lotus Esprit S2
    Enjoy! She's a beauty. Had an 87 for a few years myself.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I would be very careful with anything from PBC. My car ('99 Esprit) had a rad installed by them by a PO and it was a total mess. Talk to JAE, their parts are always excellent along with their customer service.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    I would be very careful with anything from PBC. My car ('99 Esprit) had a rad installed by them by a PO and it was a total mess. Talk to JAE, their parts are always excellent along with their customer service.
    copy will do

just saw this. Beautiful esprit. how did you find such a nice example?

Quote Originally Posted by zimvsdib View Post
    just saw this. Beautiful esprit. how did you find such a nice example?
    Total luck. The purchase was literally be me sitting at home going "i should buy a lotus" and looked and saw a series 2 for sale, couldn't believe it. It was sold by a private dealership without a physical dealership. I am not allowed to meet the owner but his car collection rivals Jay leno's. I was allowed to take a few photos of what parts of the collection I saw but am not supposed to post them to any blogs etc. Ill see if I can post a few that dont reveal anything. I took a pic of the vin of the delorean there as well. Very well preserved car too. My car has the motor and transmission out, i am replacing the fuel tanks, all bushings and por-15 alot of stuff, and doing replacement of alot of parts on the motor as well as new hoses and a new prepared by claudius radiator pulled from a v8 esprit twin turbo. IMG_20180908_122331.jpgIMG_20180908_124711.jpgIMG_20180908_125105.jpgIMG_20180908_125249.jpgIMG_20180908_125403.jpgIMG_20180908_125452.jpgIMG_20180908_125737.jpg by the way that alpine, i included in the photo has the Same motor as our deloreans except it is carbed. I let the mechanic who works on site know, hey you ever end up getting rid of that alpine gimme a calll, AAAYYYEEEE

IMG_20181103_212122_01.jpgIMG_20180921_204304.jpg
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast