The Delorean is a design that is over 30 years old. However the exterior is still recognizable and could even be considered contemporary.
One area where it falls short besides the performance, is in the interior. Its dated badly. It borrowed much of the design from the Lotus Espirit, which isn't a bad thing, but it looks fairly outdated. I guess it is a common issue with most of the cars that were designed in 70s. If you look at the contemporary Lambos, Porsches and Ferraris of the era, the interiors aren't to the class of the one before. However they do have other factors that make up for the shortcomings in terms of performance, exceptional handling, driving feel, etc.; to the point of making them highly desirable.

Let's face it... the DMC-12 is unique, but not as highly desirable. And the only one that really get noticed are the custom BTTF cars.

So with that in mind, it makes me happy to see someone do something like this..
175427077_5963199dcb_o.jpg

I wouldn't even mind seeing more mods of the last Lotus Espirit interior...
1998_lotus_esprit_coupe-pic-4037328852523830995-640x480.jpg2002.jpg

I like seeing the mods people have done using digital dash and iPads in the center consoles. But if I'm honest, I would like to see an interior that is about as timeless as the Delorean's shape itself. Perhaps something similar to the Tesla Model 3...
526x297-TF0.jpg

Perhaps its just wishful thinking.. or maybe an idea for a mod when I do get myself one.