FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leaking Divide Channel

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Windows tinted to 5%. Read about how it's likely too dark for night driving but I hardly drive at night so I went with it anyway. I figured my interior would thank me on days my car might have to sit out in the sun. I took a dremel with a small wire wheel to the divider channels to clean out some of the old goop. Filled the channels with urethane and pressed them into the glass. Filled the passenger carrier with urethane and set the glass, then put both windows up to hold everything in place. I will have to clean up what has oozed out in a day or two and see what I've got. I hope the dividers are pressed into the glass enough and this is the end of my leaks.
    -----Dan B.

Unfortunately I am back to the beginning on the passenger side. The tape securing the divider let go and allowed it to move downward away from the fixed glass a little. Apparently the drop glass doesn't go up as far as it should, I get a grinding sound at the end of travel so that didn't help keep the divider in place. I doubt it would leak and the window closes perfectly but I'd rather have it correct. I will have to cut the divider out, clean off the urethane and redo it.

Also for the tint, it didn't really matter tinting with/without the divider. The urethane that oozed out on the tint side needed to be cut and removed anyway, cutting the tint where it met the divider. It looks good but there is a concern of it being too dark.
    Last edited by dn010; 10-01-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    -----Dan B.

I think I am all done finally. I cut out the passenger divider, cleaned it up which made almost all of the existing rubber / urethane come off so I had to really fill the divider with urethane this time, thankfully I use an air caulk gun! I let it set for a day and then trimmed the urethane that oozed out. It looks great, next step is to test whether it will leak or not.
    -----Dan B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2