FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: VIN 6041 comes home

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

VIN 6041 comes home

I recently dropped into DMCFL, and was very pleased to see VIN 6041, aka "Tony's car" gleaming in the showroom:

This represents good news.

Many of you also knew that Proto 1 was and is on display at the AACA museum in Hershey, Pennsylvania, but the car next to it was VIN 6041:

Well, now the car is back home in Tony Ierardi's hands. Tony graciously opened it up and let me take an in-depth look his car, so I wanted to share some pictures with you all:

Exterior:

Engine:

Interior:

Frame:

As I walked around the car, mesmerized by the attention to detail, one word came to mind: flawless. I only saw this car in a magazine article at the time I bought my car, but it was the main inspiration to the level of my restoration efforts. This car represented to me an extreme example of what a DeLorean can be, a high water mark if you will. To see in the flesh....in essence, I was taken back to 1981 and was looking at a brand new car in the showroom. In fact, it still had that new car smell inside.

Tony, thank you for your ongoing stewardship of this fine car, for being one of the fastidious Concours owners that maintain the standard for us all, and for letting me tour around this magnificent car that day.

I understand that the car is now being transferred to Tony's home. So truly, 6041 is back where it belongs.

Congratulations Tony!

Regards,
    Last edited by Ron; 09-24-2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: OP Request
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Missed a spot.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze