FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tap Tap Tap . . . is this thing on?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    You guys could always go back to the other site. Talk about nothing of importance, bitch about everything, then blame us for the worlds problems.
    I think the term they have for us over there is "freeloaders and maggots."

Reminds me of an insult I heard somewhere about how the only two things I don't like about you are your face.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Nothing witty here lest it offend

My VIN:    Between VINs

Tamir messaged the DML before the site was back up so I knew it was being worked on.

For the younger kids, that's the "Delorean Mailing List" which is literally a broadcast e-mail.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I seem to remember someone (and admin) telling me that he didn't have a stick so far up their ass that he couldn't appreciate having a little fun when I called some people out about a joke here a few years ago. (It was about someone's DeLorean burning to the ground and you guys were cracking jokes.....not quite as serious as the forum going dark for a few days).

So with that said, get that stick out of your ass, it's all in good fun.

And what's this about blaming this site for all the world's problems?
    How much pollution does this board pump into our atmosphere? What did talk know and when did they know it? What are you hiding?
    Last edited by Michael; 09-25-2018 at 01:05 PM.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Yeah, if I could have put a redirect page up or had an organized email list of all members to keep you up to date that would've been good. But neither were an easy option when this snuck up unfortunately. I'll sort out a plan for the future should something like this happen again. Appreciate the suggestion. In the event anyone ever needs to get a hold of me not through my dmctalk address, my other site entermyworld.com is hosted by a different service, so that email is always functional as well.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Tamir, we should have a back-up site where you can give updates on status. I tried to e-mail you but I couldn't get through by e-mail either. A broadcast e-mail to everyone would have been useful.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    10353

As much as I enjoy this site, Facebook has been a fairly good option for quick responses to questions on the Technical Help page. Perhaps in the future you might consider going on there to give updates regarding the status of the site?

I know there were a few posts on FB wondering what happened to DMCTALK last weekend. Glad to see it's back up, I've missed Michael's dark/dry sense of humor lol

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    System down......?

Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Said stick is definitely not up my Ass. I was simply stating there is always the other site when this one goes down. It humors me how this site seems to be the butt of the jokes on the other site. And let's face it, they do alot of bitching and fighting over there.
    That said, I wasn't coming down on anyone, just a blanket statement. Kinda like stating, if it's so bad over here, why is everyone so upset when this site goes down. You can always go to today and talk about turtles....
    Soundkillr was here.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    It humors me how this site seems to be the butt of the jokes on the other site.

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26145

That pic(posted by a mod) was back in the days when nightflyer and I were at odds a lot. Now we are much closer and I eagerly await our first date.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-25-2018 at 03:05 PM.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

You'll be shocked, but I'm not on Facebook. Though I've heard the DMC community has a strong presence on there as well, so that is great.

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    As much as I enjoy this site, Facebook has been a fairly good option for quick responses to questions on the Technical Help page. Perhaps in the future you might consider going on there to give updates regarding the status of the site?

I know there were a few posts on FB wondering what happened to DMCTALK last weekend. Glad to see it's back up, I've missed Michael's dark/dry sense of humor lol
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast