FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Outage Update

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Forum Outage Update

Apologies for the large forum outage. My hosting company had a really crazy catastrophic scenario occur. I'm pasting a link to an explanation below for anyone who cares to read it. But I might explore finding a different place to host the site moving forward as this was pretty nuts.

https://forums.mddhosting.com/topic/1582-major-outage-092118-09222018/
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

But I might explore finding a different place to host the site moving forward as this was pretty nuts.
    I will readily admit that I was freaking out a little bit inside, especially after the 2011 .com loss.

Whatever it takes to keep this site hosted, I will gladly pitch into help pay for it. I think I recall that proposal arising last time, too. I’m sure plenty of other regular users would be willing to do the same. DMCTalk has been here 24/7 (minus that .com loss/restart) for me the last 9 years as an owner, and I’ve took it for granted until this weekend. I don’t want to be ungrateful.
    Last edited by jackb; 09-23-2018 at 10:53 PM.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Thanks for the update.

While we're fixing things, is it possible to also get HTTPS working correctly so that logins are better secured/protected (as well as other traffic to/from the site)?
    Currently when trying to view the site via HTTPS, everything south of the top banner gets all jacked up.

Is this https issue new since the outage? Or was this an issue you were having before as well?

T.

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    Thanks for the update.

While we're fixing things, is it possible to also get HTTPS working correctly so that logins are better secured/protected (as well as other traffic to/from the site)?
    Currently when trying to view the site via HTTPS, everything south of the top banner gets all jacked up.

I understand your concern, but rest assured, nothing like the 2011 .com loss will occur again. I do my own personal backups of the site independent of the hosting company, and so this outage should be a big anomaly. In the event the hosting company were ever to lose the site, I have it on multiple drives.

I appreciate your offer to help, but no need. Happy to provide the site and to continue doing so ad free.

Best,
    T.

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I will readily admit that I was freaking out a little bit inside, especially after the 2011 .com loss.

Whatever it takes to keep this site hosted, I will gladly pitch into help pay for it. I think I recall that proposal arising last time, too. I’m sure plenty of other regular users would be willing to do the same. DMCTalk has been here 24/7 (minus that .com loss/restart) for me the last 9 years as an owner, and I’ve took it for granted until this weekend. I don’t want to be ungrateful.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    I understand your concern, but rest assured, nothing like the 2011 .com loss will occur again. I do my own personal backups of the site independent of the hosting company, and so this outage should be a big anomaly. In the event the hosting company were ever to lose the site, I have it on multiple drives.

I appreciate your offer to help, but no need. Happy to provide the site and to continue doing so ad free.

Best,
    T.
    And I, among others, appreciate you providing the forum to so many of us that use it. And ad free. Good grief... I try to get on the Pontiac G8 forum every so often and that thing is one big distracting advertisement. Very thankful that is not what this one is like. Thanks again, Tamir.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    And I, among others, appreciate you providing the forum to so many of us that use it. And ad free. Good grief... I try to get on the Pontiac G8 forum every so often and that thing is one big distracting advertisement. Very thankful that is not what this one is like. Thanks again, Tamir.
    X2, its something you take for granted. Ads really do clutter up any sort of website.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Thanks Tamir, for providing this forum to the Delorean community. Its invaluable!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I'll add my thanks too. It's nice not to get badgered by ads or weird underlined hyperlinks any time someone types the word "tires".

I've been on here for 10 years and its still the #1 place for technical help and DeLorean resources.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2065

Site outage...

Thanks for all your efforts. This is such a valuable site and your work is appreciated "DownUnder"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast