FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: A hole in the intake manifold

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

A hole in the intake manifold

While cleaning and inspecting the intake manifold, I noticed a tiny hole between the two vacuum ports. I'm not sure if it's just an imperfection in the casting or something more serious like a huge vacuum leak? I cleaned the area and applied JB Weld to be safe, but what do you think? Perhaps it's just an empty void?

20180922_223707.jpg

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Looks like a hole to me. A paperclip would have helped determine prior to the JB weld...
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

There is a bolt on the top of the intake that holds part of the ISM mounting bracket. I’ll bet you are looking at the bottom of that threaded hole. They probably drilled the casting a little too deep. When they machined the aft hole for closing plug it just broke into the drilled hole above. The plug was likely driven in far enough to cover the part you can’t see. Had you not put the JB on it, you may have been able too shine a light on the outside and looked into the hole too see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5482

I have an intake manifold sitting on my shelf in the garage you can have for cheap if interested. I converted my car away from K-Jet last year so it has no value to me anymore.
    Jeff

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I appreciate the offer. I got my intake back on and the JB Weld appears to be holding. No issues so far (fingers crossed).