FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vendor

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    We work very hard to answer everyone regardless. Every morning I am provided with a complete list of contacts, inquiries, update requests, quotes etc when I walk through the door. This doesn't mean that any one of us (vendors or manufacturers in this community) are perfect. Things fall through the cracks occasionally not to mention the sheer volume a few of us deal with. With that said I would definitely reach out again if your first messages were not responded to. If you already have a thread going with someone politely bump it. But taking the above approach will not work in a market place with massive vendor changes on the horizon.
    I love it when vendors tell me what to do.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Suggesting to reach out again if you are not getting responses is telling you what to do?
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    17007

I have to say so far DeloreanGo as been the fastest shipping, email response and most accurate website so far. Also the parts seem to be made of good accurate quality. Again have not had a really bad experience with any of the mentioned vendors but was looking for feedback. Thanks

My VIN:    Early

Online: Definitely DeloreanGo! I love how stock is always up to date. I also like the variety of upgrade parts that they stock.

By phone or in person: DMCH. Their website doesn't show their true stock EVER. However, when I call so I can pickup later, Crystal checks stock status before I drive over.

I prefer DMCH too because I don't have to wait. It really is nice to live close to a vendor that stocks almost every part to our cars!
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    10540

I started to use deloreanautoparts.com, cheaper than DeLorean.com, fast shipping, comparable if not better quality of parts so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Joe View Post
    I started to use deloreanautoparts.com, cheaper than DeLorean.com, fast shipping, comparable if not better quality of parts so far.
    Don't hold your breath for too long. Hervey has quite the reputation here, and I have had first hand experience.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    10540

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Don't hold your breath for too long. Hervey has quite the reputation here, and I have had first hand experience.
    As I said, so far I've had good luck with them, thanks for the heads up tho I will proceed with caution

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Joe View Post
    As I said, so far I've had good luck with them, thanks for the heads up tho I will proceed with caution
    Hi. I have also had first hand experience with him when I first got my car. When shopping on his website everything looked great, until I received the parts and looked closer at them. A few examples:

- his coolant bleeder used a barb fitting for the thermostat housing that was Imperial thread, close mind you, but not the correct metric thread. So, one would have to retap the hole and therefore this modification was not reversible, and so, I didn't install it. This was not disclosed beforehand. I guess I found out afterward why it was a few dollars cheaper than other offerings when I was shopping.

- his shock setup. Reviewed and discussed many times, but specifically by me in post 63 of this DAP review thread:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...-Strikes-again
    Again, at the time I was shopping, they seemed cheaper

- his clutch bleeder: reviewed here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...-and-improved)

And one more. His RPM relay. Was cheaper at shopping time, and it "fits/works", but is a Volvo part, hence the different green case. Also, when I received the part, I was not told that he "modified" it by drilling 3 holes in the plastic case. I had to call him afterwards to find out that this was done to let the heat escape. This is one of the uninstalled parts in my box of inferior parts from DAP / Delorean Auto Parts that was not worth going through the hassle of returning.

I could go on, but I hope made the point.

I have learned that this vendor is another example of the " You get what you pay for" adage. I'm sure I have wasted more time and money calling him back, and return shipping than I saved.

Here's another review thread:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?79...practices-quot

It's your car, and your perception of quality and value, but as Rodolpho said, there is a reputation here.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 10-17-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'll keep it short: Some of the parts I got from DAP/SpecialT could have killed me and almost wrecked my car. I was lucky it wasn't worse than it was.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I'll keep it short: Some of the parts I got from DAP/SpecialT could have killed me and almost wrecked my car.
    Easy riders?

Speaking of that, I just remembered that I still have his rear easy riders still on my car.

After engine swap, I'm going to toss those and finish my QA1 setup...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast