FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vendor

My VIN:    17007

Vendor

I know we are somewhat limited on vendors but has anyone have some serious waiting time on orders placed with DMC. Now everything I ordered appeared to show in stock but when delivered half the stuff was not in the orders. Now this happened on multiple large orders. I had to call and ask on multiple orders where the rest of the items. Would of been nice to know they weren't coming when shipped out. So my question is who are primarily source of parts when doing a full restore or is this the norm because of the specialty of the car. Sorry for the rookie question but this is my first Delorean I'm working on and trying to figure out how to avoid this for future orders. (Which I've been holding off). Im working with 2 other guys with Deloreans that have similar project in the garage but waiting over a month for parts is getting tough to manage. The whole its coming next week is getting old but if this the norm because we are limited then it is what it is. A lot of the vendor posts I've read are pretty old. Sure some got better or some got worse. Thanks in advance.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

In nearly 10 years, I have never had a problem with DMC midwest in Chicago. Orders arrive quickly,(within 2 or 3 days) and even if there is a hiccup like if something had to be transferred from DMCH, I got a call telling me it might be a few extra days.

They are the go to guys in DeLorean parts.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    Between VINs

DMC-H has, more than once in my 9 months of ownership, had to get in touch with me after an order and tell me something was actually out of stock. That said they were very quick and professional about it, and the items that did ship were done so quickly. I'm surprised you had the issue you did as they generally contact me before shipping partial orders.

I prefer to use Josh and DI, though, as they're 'local' to me and he actually works on my car.

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Same as micheal, never has midwest missed a thing in my orders or been delayed in any ways. Same with Deloreango. Only options imo

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

DMC-MW, PJ Grady, and DeLoreanGO. I've had problems with all of the other vendors.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi.

It was DMCH, DMC-FL, PJ Grady, and DeLoreanGO for me. They were my go to vendors for my 4 year restoration.

Honorable mention to DMC-EU (Ed Uding), and DMC-NW (Toby). All had great part quality and customer service.

Most of my parts came from DMCH and yes, some parts were back-ordered. I agree that's to be expected for a classic car.

Between these vendors, there wasn't a part that I couldn't get. My strategy was to buy a good amount of parts in advance and when I had everything for one section ( e.g. Brakes) I could proceed, while I was waiting for parts for other sections.

I have also heard fantastic reviews for DMCMW, but due to my proximity I ordered from DMCH and DMC-FL.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 09-28-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Not yet...

I’m about to buy my first Delorean and I have made inquiries to multiple vendors asking for advice. It amazes me that some can’t be bothered to even respond to an email, being in sales myself there is absolutely no excuse for that. You never know how just a little courtesy can generate business and loyalty for life.
    I know who I won’t bother to purchase parts from!!

My VIN:    Between VINs

I'll also chip in a vote for DeloreanGo. I bought a lot of stuff off them right after I got the car. Once you hit that free shipping threshold of $100 or whatever it is, you just keep adding 'one more thing' to the cart.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by osudrummer View Post
    I’m about to buy my first Delorean and I have made inquiries to multiple vendors asking for advice. It amazes me that some can’t be bothered to even respond to an email, being in sales myself there is absolutely no excuse for that. You never know how just a little courtesy can generate business and loyalty for life.
    I know who I won’t bother to purchase parts from!!
    We work very hard to answer everyone regardless. Every morning I am provided with a complete list of contacts, inquiries, update requests, quotes etc when I walk through the door. This doesn't mean that any one of us (vendors or manufacturers in this community) are perfect. Things fall through the cracks occasionally not to mention the sheer volume a few of us deal with. With that said I would definitely reach out again if your first messages were not responded to. If you already have a thread going with someone politely bump it. But taking the above approach will not work in a market place with massive vendor changes on the horizon.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast