FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coilover suspension options: QA1 -vs- KW

My VIN:    10270

Coilover suspension options: QA1 -vs- KW

Two full coilover options for our cars. What a time to be alive!

I figure it's a long shot as there's been almost no discussion on the KW system, but does anyone have experience with both? Price is within a few hundred of each other. The QA1 looks like it might be more street driving friendly and easier to adjust.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Clint was researching the KWs

I can't wait to try out the QA1s (drivestainless kit) on 2022

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I wasn't able to find that much about the KWs, would have to just pony up and buy a kit. Maybe next year, I've been happy with my custom Koni set up but it has its limits.

One thing bad I've heard about them is they use plastic collars for the spring height, it has its pluses and minuses, I have only experience with aluminum on aluminum coil over collars. Got to keep it all clean regardless.

What sort of ride are you after?

I'm after something with more height adjustment than Spax. Higher spring rate than stock but not a track suspension. Quality is a must. The full on pipe dream would include remote damper adjustment.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    1768

Can't speak from experience but I'd bet the KWs are the ticket.

My VIN:    16409

At DCS this year Wolfgang (from the DeLorean World Tour) talked about what they used on their world tour cars. He used KW coil overs on their tour cars and he said he has a variant for regular stock cars.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

I talked with him briefly about them. I couldn't get a positive read on how the KW would be on rougher Michigan roads.

My VIN:    2706

I cant get the Qa1s dialled quite where I want them. When I drove the car on the factory Qa1 neutral settings front end was way to bounsy . Then I adjusted the rebound to what drive stainless recommended and it's to stiff. I have to keep messing with it but I wouldn't describe the qa1s as a nice ride if your looking for comfort. Getting the car aligned again this weekend but I am not happy with the way the car drives currently . Always on the hunt for greatness in Delorean suspension Engineeringlol.

I have nos uppers, delorean go aluminum lowers. Toby's poly sway bushings, regular new bushings on the rest of the car, and Ed's suspension brackets, plus midwest front sway bar.

I'll report how she drives after an alignment on Saturday as I measured the alignment the last shop did and its shit
    That in itself will make a car drive like crap.
    Last edited by powerline84; 10-02-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Let me know what you think for sure.

I still feel like the real missing piece is a rear anti roll bar. I’m willing to install even the crappy addco bar but they’re NLA.

My VIN:    02855

Grady is running the KWs on his green car as a trial.

I am running QA1's Proma Star adjustable shocks but I have all custom suspension using shorter shocks and different spring rates due to the position of the shock mounts on my car. Mine is setup stiff but comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast