FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Door Edge Guard from Amazon

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Door Edge Guard from Amazon

"Besteek Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding" from Amazon.

$9 for 32 feet of this stuff is perfect for all your stainless edges. There are other brands to choose from at the same price.

Originally purchased to place on the hood as edge guards after a vendor years ago sent me old, brittle NOS strips with completely dried adhesive @ 5X the price; the edge guard worked and fit perfectly. After the hood, I realized this would also work great for the fenders where the wheel well is- my car was missing 3 out of the 4 edge protectors and I've gotten sliced plenty of times without them.

Other uses I've found are inside the doors - save your fingers and wrists from the brutal edges while working inside the door! Looks better than taping the stainless in this area and you can leave it in place for those inevitable future return visits.

edge guard.jpg

door.jpg
    Last edited by dn010; 10-04-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    05457

Thanks for the recommendation! My hood trim keeps falling off and is cracking as well. I've been trying to decide if I attempt to repair it or replace with something new like this. How thick is this trim? It looks thicker than OEM. The OEM trim is very thin and I'd like to stick with the same look if possible, but OEM trim that falls off is no good to me either.
    David Proehl

I think it is a little bit thicker because it is more of a D shape and I believe the original was more of a U shape. I will take some photos and post them in a few hours to give you an idea what it looks like on the hood.
    -----Dan B.

Sorry for the long few hours. Photos are below. The trim is flat on the outside, the curved side facing in. The corners could stand to be trimmed a bit better but it looks stock from the outside.

IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    05457

Looks great! Thanks for following up with photos!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I did this to my doors several years ago. better than using duct tape.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

[QUOTE=dn010;239441]"Besteek Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding" from Amazon.

$9 for 32 feet of this stuff is perfect for all your stainless edges. There are other brands to choose from at the same price.

Originally purchased to place on the hood as edge guards after a vendor years ago sent me old, brittle NOS strips with completely dried adhesive @ 5X the price; the edge guard worked and fit perfectly. After the hood, I realized this would also work great for the fenders where the wheel well is- my car was missing 3 out of the 4 edge protectors and I've gotten sliced plenty of times without them.

Other uses I've found are inside the doors - save your fingers and wrists from the brutal edges while working inside the door! Looks better than taping the stainless in this area and you can leave it in place for those inevitable future return visits.

edge guard.jpg

When you installed it around your hood, did you use any kind of adhesive?
    Shannon

The trim has a strip of foam adhesive that runs down one side of it. You can see it as the gray with red film in the photo of the cross section. This was enough to secure it in place.
    -----Dan B.