FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about original window stickers

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Question about original window stickers

Question about original window stickers:

Was the engine number block filled out, or left blank?

Would it be correct to assume the only thing that would change on the listed features would be the antenna (that is, it not being listed at on Deloreans produced before the power retracting antennna)? If not, what other changes?

I know the first Deloreans came in to Long Beach, but I’m almost positive there was a second port of entry on the east coast. Baltimore, I think? Was this determined by VIN batch? Month produced? Whichever was closer to the original dealer? Or am I crazy and they all went to Long Beach?

I’m typing up my own replica, and I’d like to make it as accurate as possible.
    CrP, I just realized I posted this in the general section, and it is more appropriate in the historical documentation sub. Can a mod please move it?
    Last edited by jackb; 10-09-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Belongs in historical documentation, not general.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I'm pretty sure engine and frame numbers were not recorded even at the factory(and if they were that info would be hard to retrieve), let alone on the window sticker.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm pretty sure engine and frame numbers were not recorded even at the factory(and if they were that info would be hard to retrieve), let alone on the window sticker.
    Google images results show some that have an engine number, and some without. I didn’t know it that was based on vin batch, month of production, or port, either.
    Engines have numbers riveted to the block on a tag under the drivers side exhaust manifold.
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Here are a couple links to check out for more information:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...anifest-photos

The last photo has the port by departure and arrival date for much of 1981. I was able to use date and POE info to confirm the ship that my car arrived on. Very cool. My POE on the East coast was Wilmington DE.

Did you see if you can have your sticker reproduced here?:
    https://mkt.com/the-delorean-museum-inc/
    I got my window sticker and original owner certificate ( both shown above^ ) there. Very good value if you want historical information on your car. My sticker had the engine serial number filled in (and it matched).

This is a cool thread:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9637-Shipping-photos
    Last edited by DMC-81; 10-09-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

The port of entry (for an east coast dealer) is the primary bit of info I’m looking for.

My VIN:    4519

I'll need to check my window sticker...now I'm curious.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

East coast was Wilmington DE

IIRC
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Deloreans primarily came into the east coast and the west coasts. The majority of them (pretty much all of them) went through the QAC centers on the east and west coasts. The window stickers vary. Some had options, some didn't. Some had motor numbers, most don't. If you are trying to recreate your window sticker, DMCH may have some info on your VIN, they may have the original selling dealer, port of entry, that kind of thing. You can also get this kind of stuff doing a "Chain of Ownership" search of motor vehicle records in every State the car was ever Titled in. Start with the DoD for your VIN #. There was a small index card file of VINs-frame #'s for the early cars, it was not complete but DMCH may have more than that to go on. Typically the motor #'s have some reference or some part of the VIN in their # but not on Deloreans. Same goes for the transaxle and the frame. Usually there is a VIN # hidden in the body or the frame. Not on Deloreans. The VIN appears on the VIN tag on the dash and one on the jamb of the driver's door. That's it. They MUST both be the same and that VIN # should be the one on your Title and your registration. The only other "hidden" numbers were a small round sticker on the underside of the steering column with the key # (usually long gone) and it is also usually found under the headliner of the driver's door. The east coast POE was Baltimore (I think) and the QAC was in Bridgewater, NJ. The book Stainless Steel Illusion has some historical info on this too.
    Last edited by David T; 10-09-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast