FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lift Question

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Last time I did one with a tractor and fork lift lol, really hated doing it manually with floor jacks. Worse case if you can’t get something your comfortable with on the 4 posts, I brought in a bunch of coffee to the shop around the corner once to get a hour on their 2 post, might be worth a ask if you also have a car trailer

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I would suggest using 2 cargo straps, one in the front and one in the rear around the body and the ramps of the lift. That way you can get it tight up against the bottom of the lift to gain as much room as you can. It will also keep it stable so it won't roll. When you don't have what you need you figure out a way to use what you do have. Using a lift is much safer and you have more control than jackstands but not all of us have any kind of a lift. Please do NOT use cinder blocks, at least get jackstands. Using the chains as shown puts a LOT of sideways force on the lifting points of the body and they were not intended for that stress and could bend. Ideally you want the lifting force to be as vertical as you can make it with no horizontal component. Some additional back-up straps makes it safer too.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2