FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bluetooth speaker

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    My car still has the original Craig radio. I’d rather not modify it by adding Bluetooth or a hidden Aux Jack but at the same time I’d like to be able to listen to music from my iPhone. The cassette deck does not work so using one of those cassette adapters is out of the question. I’m leaning towards just placing a decent Bluetooth speaker on the rear shelf. Maybe something like this: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_714ONE...Black-Ash.html

Thoughts? Is anyone else using a portable speaker as a quick, non permanent fix?
    If you just want Bluetooth functionality without modifying the original deck, another easy option is to buy an aftermarket headunit and keep it in the glove box or the cubby behind the driver's seat. All you'll have to do is disconnect the wiring from the back of your Craig and connect it to the new head unit instead (with the adapter).

Update

For anyone else that might be contemplating replacing the stock radio/adding an inline Bluetooth receiver, etc, I thought I’d update this thread.

I ended up buying a Sony XB31 portable Bluetooth speaker and placing it on the rear shelf between the two seats. The carpeting, front lip of the shelf, and cargo net does a great job at keeping it in place. The speaker sounds great, has a 24 hour battery, auto off, and the Sony app allows you to play with the equalizer settings via your phone. You can purchase and pair another speaker for true stereo sound but I think it sounds fine by itself. An added plus is the fact that the buttons are all located on top of the unit making it easy to turn on while sitting in the car (the JBL brand units I was looking at have buttons on the back). The Sony has flashing lights that “dance” with the music but those are easily turned off.

CFA621E9-2D1B-4C2C-B611-10F1110D01D4.jpg

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    For anyone else that might be contemplating replacing the stock radio/adding an inline Bluetooth receiver, etc, I thought I’d update this thread.

I ended up buying a Sony XB31 portable Bluetooth speaker and placing it on the rear shelf between the two seats. The carpeting, front lip of the shelf, and cargo net does a great job at keeping it in place. The speaker sounds great, has a 24 hour battery, auto off, and the Sony app allows you to play with the equalizer settings via your phone. You can purchase and pair another speaker for true stereo sound but I think it sounds fine by itself. An added plus is the fact that the buttons are all located on top of the unit making it easy to turn on while sitting in the car (the JBL brand units I was looking at have buttons on the back). The Sony has flashing lights that “dance” with the music but those are easily turned off.

CFA621E9-2D1B-4C2C-B611-10F1110D01D4.jpg
    I've been wanting to upgrade my own radio because the original owner installed an aftermarket Sony radio, but I never once considered a portable Bluetooth speaker.

Now that I'm looking into it, I'm wanting a more permanent solution without touching the radio to stream my music. Here is a 6" Bluetooth ceiling speaker. https://www.amazon.com/Ceiling-Speak.../dp/B00RHI7LN2

I wonder how this product (or similar with smaller speakers) would look and sound mounted to the rear parcel shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    I've been wanting to upgrade my own radio because the original owner installed an aftermarket Sony radio, but I never once considered a portable Bluetooth speaker.

Now that I'm looking into it, I'm wanting a more permanent solution without touching the radio to stream my music. Here is a 6" Bluetooth ceiling speaker. https://www.amazon.com/Ceiling-Speak.../dp/B00RHI7LN2

I wonder how this product (or similar with smaller speakers) would look and sound mounted to the rear parcel shelf?
    Interesting. That seems like a good option as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2