FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magic tire balancing

My VIN:    03572

Magic tire balancing

Magic tire balancing. Is this real or just BS?

https://www.sherco-auto.com/balancing-beads.html
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10353

Reminds me of these. Wonder if they make the same sounds at slow speeds rolling around inside.
    spokey_dokeys.jpg

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Any technology that you don't understand is indistinguishable from Magic. Does it work? The short answer is no.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I love outside the box thinking but just think how much fun it would be at the drive thru.

"What's that clanging noise?"

"It's my balls"

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I think this belongs in the same category as waterless coolant and filling tires with straight nitrogen.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

As usual people who have not tried em, bash em. Dave i have used the balance beads in my harley for years. They are effective and i have nothing bad to say other than they are a pain to install. I prefer to mount my own bike tires so these are a good option. I use two ounces in each tire. I have not tried them in the car. The beads are not much cheaper than having the tire balanced normally when you buy the tires. If i used rims that were difficult to fit weights to , i might.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    As usual people who have not tried em, bash em.
    Roger that. If they don't understand it, then it's bad. You would think someone who owns a DeLorean would appreciate new ideas being tried out and allow innovation just a small chance to trump conformity. Doesn't mean you have to like or even try every new idea that comes along, just give it room to stand on it's own if it can.

My VIN:    16985

A week and a half ago I installed two sets of tires for my cousin, one set on a F250 Super Duty and one set on a Ford Edge. He brought along a box of the balance bead envelopes which also include a special valve that must be installed in the valve stem. Although I was very skeptical, he reported back that the tires were running smoothly. I have a Super Duty also with different wheels that do not fit my balancer, so may try it in those also.

My VIN:    3937

Is there some kind of "stickiness" to them? I was wondering how they stay where they ultimately end up on the inside of the tires. I assume you wouldn't want them to be always free to keep moving around so that anytime you come to a stop they fall back down to the lowest point.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    16985

They didn't seem to be sticky at all, I was under the impression they constantly move to compensate for vibration so theoretically they have to rebalance every time you start out but I could be wrong. Part of the instructions said to use very little tire lube so the silica beads do not clump together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast