FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 1981 Delorean DMC-12, May 81, Gas flap hood, 5-speed manual, Black interior. $30k

1981 Delorean DMC-12, May 81, Gas flap hood, 5-speed manual, Black interior. $30k

Asking; $30,000

I am selling my 81 Delorean with original 7,500 Miles. It is an earlier Windshield Antenna car with manual transmission and black interior. It’s been my restore project and I’ve greatly enjoyed turning it from a neglected time capsule to an updated and drivable car that I get to drive on the weekends when the weather is nice. The car has not seen rain since I’ve owned it and both previous owners stored it garaged its whole life. The car sold originally in Vermont before coming to Maine in 2001 and I bought it from the second owner last year to restore and enjoy owning one finally. I’m selling due to the need of my wife and I to move closer to our new jobs. All parts in the restore were bought new from vendors such as Delorean Houston, Delorean Go, DPI, and Greddy. All invoices are included. I have a PDF in the linked Google Drive with a parts list of items bought and installed from each vendor:

IMG_2157.jpg IMG_2161.jpg IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2173.jpg IMG_2174.jpg IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg IMG_2180.jpg IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg IMG_2193.jpg IMG_2198.jpg

Full Album: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sj...dj5ikXBAoLRcsL

The good:
    All major mechanical systems have been restored, the car starts great cold or hot.
    Brake calipers have all been rebuilt with new pads and rotors all around.
    DMCH eibach lowering spring set, fronts are installed, rears are included.
    Wheels have been refinished and power coated to the original dark metallic color.
    Stainless panels are in very good shape, only scratch is a single in the rear pass quarter.
    Interior is very good condition, original dash and binnacle are crack free, new DMCH seat covers.
    All electronics have had updates with new Door lock controllers, new GM style DMCH fuel pump, new window motors, new fuses and relays.
    Original radio and updated speakers with Aux in.
    Standard maintenance such as oil change and alignment have been done at the start of the year.
    Lots of original items with the car from when it was sold including luggage rack, original window sticker, lambswool seat covers, original car cover, never used Delorean side vinyl of both the thin and thick black stripes.

Extended Photo album of the car:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sj...dj5ikXBAoLRcsL

Issues:
    All issues I’ve tried to take photos of and included in the Google Drive.

Front and rear fascias have some paint peeling.
    Original coolant hoses showing signs of coolant drops seeping out. It’s only a few drops, but should be addressed with updated silicone hoses.
    The Master cylinder is original and recently started to drip a little into the foot well. It’s not bad yet, but would should be swapped for a new one. A brand new DMCH master is included along with a new Slave, though the current slave has not shown any signs of leaking.
    Saggy headliners
    AC holds a charge for about a day and blows cold, but leaks and loses pressure. Not sure where the leak is.
    Passenger window track should be adjusted, window can get stuck closed if operator keeps going past the point of closed contact.
    Windshield has a small pit with a couple of cracks. The entire area is smaller than a dime. All other glass on the car is original and crack free.

Other disclosures:
    Title: Maine does not title older vehicles, not is it required to register. As a result both me and the previous owner in Maine did not get a title. I have lots of previous paper work from when he bought it from Vermont, including the signed Vermont title. All the previous owner registration and insurance paperwork will be included.
    Part of the restore was to repair the oil leak in the top of the block, or valley of death, with welding the hole closed and sealing with a plate. Since this has been done, I have not seen any oil leaks from that location and feel confident in the welds.

Thank you for looking. I can be reached best at 207-632-9878, please text before calling. PMs and Email also work: [email protected]
    Attached Images

My VIN:    10353

Nice looking car. You might consider adding some UV dye into the AC system to find and fix the leak. I only mention this since I got mine with a non functional AC system and looking back would have gladly paid more for the car knowing the AC system was fully functional.

Have you put a link on the FB delorean Fanatics page yet? I keep seeing several people on there asking if anyone's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Nice looking car. You might consider adding some UV dye into the AC system to find and fix the leak. I only mention this since I got mine with a non functional AC system and looking back would have gladly paid more for the car knowing the AC system was fully functional.

Have you put a link on the FB delorean Fanatics page yet? I keep seeing several people on there asking if anyone's selling.
    Thanks, when I was last working on the AC, I did inject some Dye. Though with that I have not tracked down the leak location.
    I've posted on a local Maine classifieds page, but have not posted on other Delorean FB pages yet.

Sale pending.

Sold! Mods please lock thread, thank you,