FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door launcher relay question

My VIN:    Between VINs

Mattaligner is great if you can get one.

Was surprised how subtle but effective the wrist guard is.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If the switches are stuck then it is most likely due to the center "armrest" portion of the console has collapsed. This happens as people use it as a brace to get in and out. I had an issue with my switches sticking (especially the larger led window switches) and I solved it by placing stiff closed cell foam under the console next to the ashtray. This wedges between the console and underbody and raises the console back to a factory height and frees up and sticking switches.
    The Mattaligner has nothing but positive reviews but I don't know if it address that issue. I was under the impression it restored the broken down switch cutouts to align the switches all nice and neat. It may fix both issues?
    It doesn’t address that issue directly, but solves the problem caused by it. (I had that problem as well- sticky switches againstvthe armrest.) The mattaligner blocks the console from touching the switches with the aft guard, *and* aligns/straightens the switches in a row.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    It doesn’t address that issue directly, but solves the problem caused by it. (I had that problem as well- sticky switches againstvthe armrest.) The mattaligner blocks the console from touching the switches with the aft guard, *and* aligns/straightens the switches in a row.
    Good stuff. I’ll check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2