FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Revisiting spark advance to optimize ...NEED SMART EYEBALLS....

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    You really don't want to pull timing there unless you intentionally want a crackly exhaust note or to shoot fireballs.
    Thanks, I'll look at the tables. So leaving the advance during decel is actually preferred then? Just cut back fuel.....
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    10270

If you’re too lean you’ll pop bang gurble. If you’re going to put any fuel in, you need enough so it doesn’t lean misfire or it’ll afterfire. Unless you want that - some people like the sound but it’s too much for me

Kjet does this pretty predictably, I assume more so if the decel valves are soldered shut. When I was running kjet turbo with the decel valves closed up I could goose the throttle and after fire all day long at idle.

Launch control or anti lag will really demonstrate the effect of late timing!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

No table switching in MS2e, just additive. I'll simply bake in the idle landing trough. This isn't far from the actual table I'm running on. I notice you have your centrifugal advance all in by 3000 RPM. No ill effects I trust? Most car guys say that is the magic number but I know our stock setup rode it out to 4000.

How much can you dial the fuel back on decel without issue? I suppose if there is no fuel in there to speak of then there is no risk of knocking the engine. No ill effects of sparking with no fuel that I can think of.....

I just picked up my new DMCH fuel pump setup today so I'll be installing that over the wet weekend here. I should be able to get some timing changes made after that and see if I can get this dialed in. The next brain pick will be on AE curves. I like to use pretty much 100% TPS, but getting the PW and duration just right is a challenge. I played with it a few years ago and somehow managed to get something very right; good head snapping acceleration (but I've since tinkered it away) - so I know it is achievable!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    10270

How about that, guess I do have a few degrees of timing in a little early. Seems to work and is probably still in the acceptable window of the Volvo curve.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4