FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Installed DMC Exterior LEDs with New Flasher Relay and Tail Light Boards BUT...

Installed DMC Exterior LEDs with New Flasher Relay and Tail Light Boards BUT...

My amber front passenger turn signal will not flash. If I turn the parking or headlights on, it illuminates as it should. It just will not flash when the hazards are activated or turn signal is activated. The other side works fine as do the rest of the exterior lights. Anyone else have this issue or something similar? I have been in my garage for hours trying to figure it out, and I gave up. Thank you!

My VIN:    Midproduction

I'd check the contacts on the electrical socket with a multimeter and double check the bulb is the right one.

After posting this, I got to thinking it had to be a connection issue since everything else was working properly, and I had already tested it with the other new LED bulb and the old one with no luck getting it to flash. After crawling back under the driver's side dash, I messed around with the new flasher relay after determining it was indeed plugged in properly. I decided to try wiggling it a bit and pushing on it slightly the steering column. That seems to have fixed the issue for now. Thank you!

My VIN:    Midproduction

Glad you're fully operational!

I just did the same thing to my car today. Took it for a spin after sunset. The LED lights look great!

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Led

Where did you get your LED's from?
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ras12 View Post
    Where did you get your LED's from?
    I got mine from DMC Houston.

Bear in mind, the Complete Exterior LED Kit from DMC does not include anything for the headlights. Those remain halogen. You also need to replace the turn signal flasher relay, or you get a fast flash. This is included in the kit. If you are lying down with your head towards the front of the car, the flasher relay is located under the drivers side dash just above and to the left of the vent hose that feeds air to the driver door vents. It took me a while to locate it. If original it will be black with LUCAS on it. If you still cannot locate it, turn the hazards or a turn signal on, and you will hear it clicking. Also, wiggle it gentle out because the housing can be brittle, and also make sure you get a good connection with the new one. Otherwise, you'll run into why I started this thread.

DMC Interior LED Kit includes the dome light, parcel shelf light, engine bay light (I think), and the door lights. You will have to pull the dimmer relay from the fuse box since they don't include a compatible one. There are aftermarket solutions to that, but I just went ahead and pulled it out. I don't have the dimmer function anymore, but I don't mind. Basically, DMC's Interior LED Kit is so you can leave your doors open/engine bay open while working or at car shows, and it won't kill the battery. Deloreango.com has a complete LED kit for the whole car to change pretty much everything to LED if that's more your fancy. I saw this AFTER I already did the DMC Exterior and Interior LEDs. I primarily did the exterior LEDs because I was sick of my rear turn signal working when it felt like it. I also replaced the original taillight circuit boards, which are included in the Complete Exterior LED Kit from DMC. You can also just switch the bulbs, but it you have original tail light circuit boards, I'd just replace them. I hope this answers your questions in a very long winded manner!

IMG_4373.jpgIMG_4372.JPGIMG_4369.jpgIMG_6739.jpg

The last picture is where the flasher relay is if you are having trouble finding it. If you plan on switching to exterior LEDs, it is a pretty easy job. Probably, the most difficult part is getting the metal brackets that hold up both license plate lights to line back up because they will fall out of place into the fascia after you remove the lenses. Just make sure you put these back first before you put the tail lights back on since you will need to reach through the tail light openings to assist yourself in getting the license plate lights back in correctly. Ask me how I found that out!