FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So apparently Video Bob's Delorean trailer was broken into for a peak at the car??

So apparently Video Bob's Delorean trailer was broken into for a peak at the car??

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone going to this extreme to take a look at a Delorean Time Machine Replica! Anyone else have any crazy stories like this? Bob certainly seems to be telling the truth here, no reason to make this stuff up. Seems like a very bizarre situation. Happy the car wasn't damaged but what a huge issue. Hope the people get caught via social media.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bttfstuff/videos

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Two words:
    Daryl Kemsley

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Two words:
    Daryl Kemsley
    Oh that's the guy who was driving the DMC that caught fire huh?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    Oh that's the guy who was driving the DMC that caught fire huh?
    Well, his BMW was vandalized earlier and that was suspicious, then his DeLorean burnt down again under very suspicious circumstances and many speculated that he did all of that for attention and self promotion(he fancied himself as a youtube star in the making). Not saying that VB is doing that, but after al I have seen, I look at almost every event like this through the lens of suspicion....that is if I care enough to look at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well, his BMW was vandalized earlier and that was suspicious, then his DeLorean burnt down again under very suspicious circumstances and many speculated that he did all of that for attention and self promotion(he fancied himself as a youtube star in the making). Not saying that VB is doing that, but after al I have seen, I look at almost every event like this through the lens of suspicion....that is if I care enough to look at all.
    Agreed! A lot of people will do a lot for attention. I've never been the biggest VB supporter but I believe him in this instance. It's too odd of a situation really. Hopefully pictures pop up on the internet of the people who broke in, as they were certainly taking pictures of the car. Would be easy to spot.

Attention Whore

Yeah, here's the direct link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fClj_U5TCsk&t=54s

I was working on a TV show for NBC, they wanted the Delorean for a scene, I was there a few days.
    We wrapped at about 2am the night before, I locked it up in the trailer about 3am, so I slept late in the bus.
    I felt the bus moving a little and at first I thought it was the wind, but the wind is usually a gentle sway along the bus left to right,
    but this was a jole forward and back, like someone was jumping on the hitch.
    When I checked my cameras I saw a little gray car driving away.
    It took me a bit to get dressed and go outside and check and that's when I discovered the switched lock.

I asked the old man who was manning the Goodwill station next door and he confirmed there were people back there.
    I checked with mall security but they were no help.
    I went to the Target, the WalMart, Lowes and Home Depot that were near by and none of them had sold the lock.
    So maybe it was shoplifted or purchased at a different store I didn't check.

Most people believe that the lock was put there so they could come back later and steal the car.
    Little did they know I was inside with a very large pistol nearby.
    Had I gotten up a few minutes earlier and caught them there would be full of lead right now.
    Needless to say, I changed all the locks with the biggest ones I could find.
    I am having a new trailer made soon and it will have an alarm system, inside and outside active cameras, etc.

This is another reason I don't advertise and put decals on the side, etc.
    I don't anyone to know what is inside there.
    If I so much as open the door to check the ties, I will hear cars screech to a stop behind and people will jump out
    and run up to take pictures and ask stupid questions...
    I should be thankful, it has kept in business since 2004, hundreds of rentals and 28 car builds.
    I just need to beef up the security from now on.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I tried to watch the video.... Too many F-bombs for my liking. Didn't finish it.

Here's an easier, less expensive security method. Back the trailer close up against a wall. This prevents unauthorized access to the rear door, and unhooking and outright trailer theft. Boom, problem solved without a risk of being in the news because you blew away a delinquent BTTF nut with your "very large pistol".

Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10644

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    Little did they know I was inside with a very large pistol nearby.
    Had I gotten up a few minutes earlier and caught them there would be full of lead right now.
    Yeah right.

What happened to this lock?

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 4.24.22 PM.jpg
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I tried to watch the video.... Too many F-bombs for my liking. Didn't finish it.

Here's an easier, less expensive security method. Back the trailer close up against a wall. This prevents unauthorized access to the rear door, and unhooking and outright trailer theft. Boom, problem solved without a risk of being in the news because you blew away a delinquent BTTF nut with your "very large pistol".

+1 well said.
    Barry

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Yeah right.

What happened to this lock?

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 4.24.22 PM.jpg
    A lot of people don't put two locks on their car hauler. I know I don't...

As for the pistol comment... All I can say, is that in Texas, we're all packin. Also, if I found someone breaking into my property or threatening my life, they'd have a meeting with my old friend, Mr. HK45....

Was that a little too much for Talk? Oh well
    Last edited by 81dmc; 11-23-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast